Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grand Austria Hotel I talked to everyone who was playing it and though it is a lighter game, everyone said it was quite good. Not sure on 2 player as they all played it with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Caylus. It really needs at least 3 players.

Edit: the poll on the game page disagrees with me and it has been a long time since I played Caylus, but I remember it being better with 3 or more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you own any of these or are you acquiring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would continue to not own any of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knight
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trarmstrong86 wrote:
Luna eliminated.

Because one dude on the internet said so? okay.

If you haven't, I'd read and watch a bunch of reviews and run throughs--Rahdo is great for researching 2 player games, but he loves just about everything so you gotta take his comments with a grain of salt.

Oh, and Luna may be better at higher player counts, but I think it is Feld's best 2 player game, says this one dude on the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Twilight Struggle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roma is Feld's best 2 player game. Castles of Burgundy is one a lot of couples play and love. Personally, if you are not in a hurry, I'd put up a bigger poll with likes and dislikes and ask for options rather than specify what there is to choose from. You will get a lot of games to poll and comments against and for, and then you can choose. If you are set on these games, I will probably see all of these in your collection before long whether you hear good or bad, you have a bias towards them, so these will be added to orders and such when they hit a sale.

I like the post about "keeping them out of your collection". With so many newer titles, the same itch can be scratched with a better game of similar play.

Caylus - worker placement
Yspahan - dice action selection
El Grande - area majority/control

the firsts are not necessarily the best.

Richard Ham has the two player mid to mid-heavy game reviews. If that is your level, definitely check out Rahdo's Runthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what didn't you like about Tzolkin and Marco Polo?

Just get Food Chain Magnate and all will be well with the world. scratches a bunch of itches as well as very unique in other aspects. Doesn't take too long to play and works with 2. Worth getting over getting all of the ones mentioned together. Just my opinion mind you: I'd keep FCM and trade the others if I owned them all (and almost have owned them all on your list - played all but 1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.