Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster – Sunstalker Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sunstalker HL: Light Bending rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryu Hono
msg tools
How are such HLs handled? They have a completely different design and do not represent an actual part of the monster's body, can we still wound here? "Engulf in Light" has a similar design but specifically says to discard the card without attempting to wound, which "Light Bending" does not. Same for "Microwave Heat" from the Dragon King HL deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Inuke wrote:
How are such HLs handled? They have a completely different design and do not represent an actual part of the monster's body, can we still wound here? "Engulf in Light" has a similar design but specifically says to discard the card without attempting to wound, which "Light Bending" does not. Same for "Microwave Heat" from the Dragon King HL deck.


dont they have impervious? if they do means you cannot wound that location so a failed crit would do nothing
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryu Hono
msg tools
Nope, neither the Sunstalker's Light Bending (Light Bending - First Strike If you are in the light, suffer [Solar Track] damage to [Monster Level] hit locations, then move the monster 1 space away from the attacker. Cancel all hits now out of range.) nor the Dragon King's Microwave Heat have Impervious or a line that says "cancel this hit" (cf. Battle Pressure). Both monster's Engulf in Light are very similar in design to LB/MH and also do not represent an actual body part, but specifically tell you that you can't wound here.

I am leaning toward allowing the wound at that HL due to RAW and skipping the fluff reasoning.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread to the Sunstalker forum.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Inuke wrote:
I am leaning toward allowing the wound at that HL due to RAW and skipping the fluff reasoning.

That's the way I feel about it too. If the hit location would not allow a wound, it would clearly state so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Weber
msg tools
I do believe the intention is that they represent the Sunstalker's ability to be fast and hard to hit, implying that they should not be hittable locations, more of a dodge mid attack type thing. All hittable locations are clearly marked with a appendix name, like "Cosmic Tentacle" etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chinh Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think Light Bending is supposed to represent the survivors being fooled by a false image of the Sunstalker, making it appear closer than it actually is. Note the text "Move the monster 1 space away from the attacker. Cancel all hits now out of range" is not a reaction. I think it's suppose to take place before rolling to wound, which means the only weapons that can wound the Light Bending location are reach weapons and range weapons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tranc wrote:
I think Light Bending is supposed to represent the survivors being fooled by a false image of the Sunstalker, making it appear closer than it actually is. Note the text "Move the monster 1 space away from the attacker. Cancel all hits now out of range" is not a reaction. I think it's suppose to take place before rolling to wound, which means the only weapons that can wound the Light Bending location are reach weapons and range weapons.


This. You actually just play as instructed.
As a side note, you always execute the text in the card (not the reactions) as first thing as you resolve the HL, so that is actually what happens.

Remember to not have anyone in the opposite edge. As a rule of thumb, though, you try to kill a sunstalker as soon as possible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.