Xavier A. Perez
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
0 - This ruleset is ment to allow a table of players to play through the scenarios one by one, carrying over some progress, and generating "grudges" that may come back to haunt the players later. The players should agree to an order in which to play the different scenarios that they feel makes sense thematically before the first game starts.
1 - Getting Started: Set the first game as a cooperative game with personal objectives, hardcore side of the colony objective.
2 - After each game ends:
a) If the Colony Objective is not met, the Campaign ends with defeat for everyone. If there was a traitor and he fulfilled his objective, he is considered the winner of this game.
b) If the Colony Objective is met
- > b0) The group remains: All players get to keep two of their characters, with one equipped item each, for the next game. If a player ends the game with just one character, he must take that character with up to one equipped item, and draw two characters and keep one at the beggining of the next game.
- > b1) Where treason begins: Any players who did not meet their personal objective get an "upset" marker.
- > b2) What happens in the zombie apocalypse, stays in the zombie apocalypse: Any dead characters are taken out of the character deck for subsequent games, and any triggered Crossroad cards are taken out of the Crossroad Cards deck. Characters in use but not carried over return to the Character deck. If Forest Plum's ability is used, take him out of the Deck.
- > b3) Atonement: Any traitor that was not exiled loses his "upset" marker, and may play normally the next game.
- > b4) Fresh Blood: Any exiled player may play the next game with a fresh start, taking two new Characters. If his exiled objective is met, he can keep one equipment card to be equipped on one of his new characters at game setup.
3 - Holding a Grudge: For any subsequent games, if there are players with the "upset" marker, shuffle two loyal objective cards for every "upset" player, plus one traitor objective card, and deal one card to each "upset" player. Deal a non-traitor objective card to each non upset player. If there are no "upset" players, use the hardcore side of the objective.
4 - The Last Stand: You guys made it this far, no reason to go out bickering amongst each other. For the final game, play the game with no traitors, dealing personal objectives, hardcore side, but put an extra helpless survivor for each player with an "upset" token.
End of the Campaign: If the campaign ends with a Colony win, first of all: CONGRATULATIONS!
Second of all, in DoW spirit, and to avoid players going for the colony win while disregarding their personal objectives, any player who has won more than half of the individual games (as Loyal or Exiled) is considered a winner of the full campaign.