3 Posts

Pixel Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Pixel Tactics: Deluxe or Pixel Tactics 1,2 and 3 first ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Tenney
msg tools
mb
Pixel Tactics is new to me but looks like something the kids and I would enjoy.

Looking at amazon I could get the first 3 Pixel Tactics for about the same price as Pixel tactics deluxe....Should I stick with 1,2,and 3 or skip to the deluxe? what would be your preference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably recommend starting with 1, since it has the most straightforward effects of all the sets. However, I would probably order it from the Lvl99 store, just to make sure you get the most recent printing (some terminology and iconography was changed, and if you end up getting more sets, having the latest printing will ensure everything is uniform. also, the new boxes are much nicer for storing the cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
Revenge!
mbmbmbmbmb
Deluxe is nice in the fact that it is a big box to keep everything in, but it has quite a bit that you wouldn't want to use when just starting out in terms of extra play modes and such. PT1 is definitely the most straightforward of the bunch, with 2 adding a bit more in complexity and 3 adding synergistic strategies. If I were just getting into it, I'd go with 1/2/3, more core play variety at the same price; just be warned that if you do enjoy it, you WILL want to get them all. And for what it's worth, PT4 is on sale today at CoolStuff for $7.49...it does tend to go on sale there a good bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.