Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired Tzolk'in and am thinking about getting Roolz's pyramids:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/AE5XKUUBB/mayan-pyramids-an...

For those who use these:

How difficult is it to install/remove these from the gears? I'm not sure if these just sit on top of the gears, or if they mount into the pivot point.

Edit: Received a PM from Roolz on Shapeways. These are indeed just flat bottomed, as seen at 4:40 here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
MedellĂ­n
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The model seems to have a flat bottom, so I imagine you could glue them on the flat spot where the sticker goes (the pivot sits in a hole at the center of the cog, a bit below the level of the sticker, if you're careful with the glue it won't touch the center and won't prevent the cogs from spinning). But doing this will not allow you to store the board in the original box, because each board piece will now have a protruding plastic bulge, and the foding center piece will have two bulges, one on each side.

The wheels move slowly during the game, and except for the center one you don't place anything on top or manipulate them in any way (you move the center wheel a little bit each round, and that causes the others to spin also slowly) so you can just place the pyramids there without any glue and they will stay put during the whole game. At the end you simply remove them and store the game and the pyramids separately (I don't know if you can fit everything in the original box, my game plus the expansion barely fits without adding any 3D-printed bling).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nostra
Slovenia
Ljubljana (Colonia Iulia Aemona, Roman Empire 1st-5th century AD)
flag msg tools
John Company (2017) by Cole Wehrle, Sierra Madre Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A possible solution.

UHU patafix PROPower, the practical and ultra strong help for DIY and repair tasks. Ultra strong, repositionable and reusable glue pads for rapidly affixing and repairing objects up to 3 kg.

UHU patafix glue pads

These gluepads allow you to "glue" objects together, but the bond isn't permanent, you can easily take the pieces apart when you are done playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't planned on gluing mine. How would you fit it back in the box? seems like you could just put them on and take them off when settingup/tearing down??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.