Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hodges
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Perhaps I am just being daft, but after reading the what the rules say about the resting token (which isn't much) I for the life of me cannot see the purpose of the token. Am I correct that at the first turn of the beginning of the game, the first player gets the "first player" token, and the last player gets the "resting" token meaning that the last player does not harvest on the first player's turn? It is if this is correct that I fail to understand the purpose of these tokens. After this first turn what happens to the tokens? Are they just put back into the box to be unused for the remainder of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jestah wrote:
Perhaps I am just being daft, but after reading the what the rules say about the resting token (which isn't much) I for the life of me cannot see the purpose of the token. Am I correct that at the first turn of the beginning of the game, the first player gets the "first player" token, and the last player gets the "resting" token meaning that the last player does not harvest on the first player's turn? It is if this is correct that I fail to understand the purpose of these tokens. After this first turn what happens to the tokens? Are they just put back into the box to be unused for the remainder of the game?

It's for a five player game so that players don't have a completely ridiculous quantity of resources by the time it comes back to them. It rotates as does first player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Keel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules right in front of me but I thought that both tokens continue to be passed around during the entire game, just as a reminder of who's who.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It's also purely a reminder. If your players can just always remember to not take resources in a five player game when they are to the right of the active player, you don't need to take it out of the box. It's there because there was room on the chipboard and because some people like reminders. Same as "active player" tokens in many games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hodges
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for clearing that up for me everyone. Not sure how I missed that in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe dagostino
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other token, the first player token, sticks with the first player and does not rotate. When the game ends, everyone will have taken the same number of turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.