Subject: First Four-Player Shogunate Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Friday during lunch, I finally got a 4p game of Shogunate in. There's still a lot of confusion on the rules, but I'm working with the designer and publisher, Adrienne, on clarifying them. Once the four of us agreed on the rules for the game, it went fast and fun.

I was the Rooster Clan with my leader, Rooster, starting as third-in-line to the Shogunate. Wolf and Snake traded the 1 and 2 spots the first turn. Then 2 of us tried to assassinate Wolf which cancelled. Next turn, the other two tried to assassinate the leader, so no one was assassinated during the game.

I attached my Shodai card to my own leader trying to throw the others off. One opponent also used his Shodai on Rooster. I think the other two Shodai cards were on Snake. Another player was hoping to assassinate the leader with his Shodai card on it, so he could move back his Shodai card to another, but that was the second cancelled assassination attempt. I was hoping that guy would help get Rooster to the front or leave him in 2nd so I could get my leader to #1, but then he moved Rooster back to 4th.

On the last turn, my turn, the others shuffled the cards such that Rooster was way back and Wolf, who had been moved back, was proclaimed Shogun to win the game. That was my bosses leader, so he really likes the game now. We'll see if he still likes it after I beat him next game.

As I said, it's a really fast and fun game once you understand the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.