Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping to play for the first time soon, and it may be a five player game. I'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to play with various player counts, and how the game differs when doing so. Seems that getting the building one wants could be more challenging, especially if you are the last player. Any other noticeable differences? What, if any would you think are the best player counts, and is starting out playing with five going to color our perceptions of the game, for positive or negative, or am I asking too many questions!? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the solo version, the virtual player can take up to 4 building cards. There are more buildings missing to choose from for the last player than in a 4 player game. In a game playing with other people though, someone else might snag the building you wanted before you get to choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 5 players, both the building market and bonus resource spots are tight. This means taking initiative becomes more important. Also, there are more opportunities to help on crusades.

Definitely play the Quick Play game. With 5 players, it will still take 3+ hours. It's worth it, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quinn, I think you'll enjoy this game. I've played with 3, 2, and solo so far and they have all been fantastic. Hope to get together soon for a game night featuring The King's Abbey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.