W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
BoardGameGeek will be livestreaming game demonstrations from the 2016 GAMA Trade Show on Wednesday, March 16 and Thursday, March 17. This is the first time we're setting up the broadcast booth at GTS, and we're taking a smaller crew than usual, but we have a lot of experience with this from Gen Con and Spiel, so ideally everything runs smoothly and no one gets hurt.

Many publishers will announce new titles at GTS, and our current broadcast schedule includes placeholders like "(something)" and "(four titles)", so I've included only the publisher names and times in the schedule below. Times are PDT, which will be GMT-7 since daylight-saving time kicks in on Sunday, March 13. Curse the name of George Hudson when setting your clocks ahead!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

10:00 - Portal Games
10:30 - Japanime Games
11:00 - SlugFest Games
11:15 - Atlas Games
11:30 - Vile Genius Games
11:45 - USAopoly
12:00 - Thames & Kosmos
12:15 - Tasty Minstrel Games
12:30 - Steamforged Games
12:45 - Renegade Game Studios
01:00 - Lone Shark Games
01:30 - Summon Entertainment
01:45 - Naturalist Games
02:00 - Alderac Entertainment Group
02:45 - Artana
03:00 - IDW Games/Pandasaurus Games
03:30 - Asmodee NA/Fantasy Flight Games
04:00 - WizKids Games
04:30 - Mayday Games

Thursday, March 17, 2016

10:00 - Cryptozoic Entertainment
10:30 - Breaking Games
11:00 - North Star Games
11:15 - Griggling Games
11:30 - HABA
11:45 - Red Raven Games
12:00 - Evil Hat Productions
12:15 - Cool Mini Or Not
01:00 - Mr. B Games
01:30 - L4 Studios
02:00 - Looney Labs
02:30 - Flying Frog Productions
03:00 - Perplext
03:30 - Arcane Wonders
03:45 - Ultra Pro
04:00 - Czech Games Edition
04:30 - Game Salute

Not every publisher at GTS is represented above. Some didn't respond to the invitation to be on camera, and we more than filled our timeslots anyway wit those who did.

I arrive at GTS Tuesday, March 15 and I'll spend that day poking my nose into whatever I can and attending publisher presentations to see what they announce. You can follow images and news from GTS on the BGG Twitter feed (#gts2016) or wait to see what I post later in BGG News. We intend to post the game demo videos on their respective individual BGG pages before the end of March 2016.

If you don't have the video stream module enabled in your front page setup, you can view it here: https://livestream.com/boardgamegeektv/events/4999155
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG to Livestream Game Demo Schedule for GAMA Trade Show 2016
Will the feed archive be somewhere or must one wait for individual videos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Muemmelmann wrote:
Will the feed archive be somewhere or must one wait for individual videos?

I'm not sure what Aldie has in mind given the troubles from Spiel 2015. I'll check with him and report back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
char(filter(1,[1 -1],[66 5 0 -39 82 -3 -12 8 8 -82]))
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, I thought those times were all in 24 hour format and I was trying to figure out why you're doing podcasts at 02:00 AM. Oops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
For some reason I was curious about your destination this time. From what time zone would you be broadcasting? I see it is Las Vegas. Game Manufacturers Association.

Edit: I missed the GMT-7 but would not have been confident what that meant without checking and it covers many cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will have a link in the front page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hastings
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
"In Veritae Victoria - In Truth Lieth Victory"
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
Times are PDT, which will be GMT-7 since daylight-saving time kicks in on Sunday, March 13. Curse the name of George Hudson when setting your clocks ahead!

You know you love a bit of Daylight Saving Time - Think of the extra daylight and bask in the sunshine. devil just don't get too sunburnt!

I am looking forward to this, and as someone else said, a link on the front page would be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it would be great to know which companies are going to show games that are not announced yet and which will show games we already know about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Chief0101 wrote:
You know you love a bit of Daylight Saving Time - Think of the extra daylight and bask in the sunshine.

Yes, I forgot that DST actually generated extra sunshine that wouldn't exist otherwise. Silly me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
raviv wrote:
Actually it would be great to know which companies are going to show games that are not announced yet and which will show games we already know about.

I'll consider it, but (1) for some companies I have only a commitment of time with no info on the titles being featured, so I don't know whether they're showing announced titles or not and (2) I have a bunch of other things that I need to do before traveling in a couple of days. Priorities!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Aztarun wrote:
Will have a link in the front page?

Yes, we will. Aldie is setting up things now for when we start broadcasting on Wednesday, March 15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Will we be starting our live stream at 10PDT on 3/16.

If you don't have the video stream module enabled in your front page setup, you can view it here: https://livestream.com/boardgamegeektv/events/4999155
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Is there a way for users to turn this off please? It doesn't currently seem to be an option to remove this module under Edit Front Page. I have limited bandwidth right now, so the front page is basically not usable for me if the streaming video runs automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved the silly Eric Martin in the bear valley segment. After the interview rahdo says "that was weird" and he just shrugs like "i do this weird stuff every day"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Muemmelmann wrote:
I loved the silly Eric Martin in the bear valley segment. After the interview rahdo says "that was weird" and he just shrugs like "i do this weird stuff every day"

Glad you liked it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept looking to see when the feed was going to start today. But alas it was only Wednesday and Thursday.

I did enjoy what I saw especially when Eric to Eric Lang that he was still micked.

Great job this year!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a stock market type game with fantasy elements like pixie dust, anyone remember what it was called I've forgotten and cannot find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Rindel wrote:
There was a stock market type game with fantasy elements like pixie dust, anyone remember what it was called I've forgotten and cannot find it.

Prospectus, by BGG's own Chad Krizan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
Rindel wrote:

Prospectus, by BGG's own Chad Krizaon.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Gullotti
United States
Fort Wayne
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this opportunity to show off Arcane Wonders' games! It was great meeting with you all and I look forward to talking more at upcoming conventions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.