Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked in another thread about the ability to play this solo. The theme and ideas are really intriguing but I am thinking would it be too much as a solo game? I am a wargame beginner so there is that factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Wilky!
The game is very solo-friendly in that you can actually switch chairs and play each of the four factions individually. There is only one card per phase played from the deck, there is no card holding or hidden information. The mechanics are simple and decision making should be pretty easy. We will eventually design some solo-specific scenarios with an A.I. and offer it as a free download here and in Paper Wars.

Thanks!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else picking this up solely for the solo play? I would be interested in hearing others thoughts on what they are looking forward to as I have a difficult time picturing how the game plays etc. I have read the excellent articles and just need that last push over the edge to pre order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Solitaire
I preordered it with the intention to play it both solo and FTF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall OHara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ordered it for solo play. When I got the flyer in the mail about a year ago it said that it could be played solo. Not many gamers will play a WW1 game so I hope the solo play is good....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is an older thread, but I thought I would post here instead of starting a new thread.

I wanted to hear people's thoughts on the solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
SoundCity wrote:
I know this is an older thread, but I thought I would post here instead of starting a new thread.

It plays perfectly well solitaire. No hidden information, and the events and technology cards mix things up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SoundCity wrote:

I've played an entire solo game on last weekend and have a great fun !! . Win for central power. After russian collapse AH and Germany have taken Paris attacking from Northern Italy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.