6 Posts

Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scouting inbetween encounters?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you do the following thing in this boardgame? (I hope my english is right)

For example:
Round 1 (this can also take place in round 10,11 aso.)
I take the move action and enter a tile with 3 encounters completing the first one taking 1 wound.
Round 2
Another move action from me to do the second encounter on this tile. Victory again but also another wound.
Round 3
I decide to take the camp action. I'm not in a safe zone so I get 2 health back.
Round 4
An event tells us that this round it will be bad to fight because the chance is higher to get scars. The third and final zone on the tile I'm on shows 2 encounters.
I do not take the camp action because I'm at full health.
I can't take the forage action because the tile isn't completed yet.
I don't want to take the move action because the chance of scars is higher this round.
Can I already do the scout action and take 3 (or less) new tiles. I can't find anything in the rules about this. In my opinion it is possible to scout?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
msg tools
mb
Markm867 wrote:
Can you do the following thing in this boardgame? (I hope my english is right)

For example:
Round 1 (this can also take place in round 10,11 aso.)
I take the move action and enter a tile with 3 encounters completing the first one taking 1 wound.
Round 2
Another move action from me to do the second encounter on this tile. Victory again but also another wound.
Round 3
I decide to take the camp action. I'm not in a safe zone so I get 2 health back.
Round 4
An event tells us that this round it will be bad to fight because the chance is higher to get scars. The third and final zone on the tile I'm on shows 2 encounters.
I do not take the camp action because I'm at full health.
I can't take the forage action because the tile isn't completed yet.
I don't want to take the move action because the chance of scars is higher this round.
Can I already do the scout action and take 3 (or less) new tiles. I can't find anything in the rules about this. In my opinion it is possible to scout?!?

Looking at the rule book, specifically Pages 5 and 6: Yes

The only mention of restrictions to 'Scout' is if there are no vacant exits on your current tile.

As you said, mid-way through completing the encounters of a tile, you can:
- Camp – This would typically be to regain health for the next encounter.
- Move – Move to the next encounter on the tile.
- Scout

There's a possibility that an event, if drawn, may stop you from being able to Scout in a given round. I'm just assuming this based on my memory of the event cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
Very interesting. We didn't know that. So, although you can't move into any of the scouted tiles until the current tile is completed, you can still scout? That's great to know! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the answer.
It is fun te turn mutant but I like to win games and so this is just another way to avoid any scars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thecodezombie wrote:

- Scout

Couldn't you also move to a previously connected completed tile?!

I assume you can leave this tile, and all encounters on it are sort of resetted. And if you ever go back on this tile, you would have to solve again the first encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nd_1969 wrote:
thecodezombie wrote:

- Scout

Couldn't you also move to a previously connected completed tile?!

I assume you can leave this tile, and all encounters on it are sort of resetted. And if you ever go back on this tile, you would have to solve again the first encounter.

No you can't. Once you enter a terrain tile, you can't leave it until it has been fully completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.