Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Might Strike and "Rest of the Attack" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this has probably been asked before but couldn't find the thread. So, how does an ability such as Mighty Strike and the phrase "rest of the attack" work?

I have taken it to assume that when I roll a lantern 10 in an attack roll; lets say with a bone axe, 1 out of the 3 is a 10, one misses, and one hits. Does that mean BOTH hits (the 10 and the non-10) gain the bonus or ONLY the 10? I take "rest of the attack" to mean all of the swings/dice rolled and not the individual die representing a single hit.

Please let me know if my interpretation is wrong or not. It could take Mighty Strike (and abilities like it) from good to meh.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you choose which roll gets resolved first... I apply it to the Perfect Hit and all subsequent hits that I chose to resolve after that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M
msg tools
It applies to all hits on that attack roll. It also "stacks" so if you rolled 3 dice on an attack and two of your rolls were lantern tens, you would get the mighty strike effect for each lantern ten
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All hits gain the bonus.

Xairen wrote:
Since you choose which roll gets resolved first... I apply it to the Perfect Hit and all subsequent hits that I chose to resolve after that.


You just draw 1 card per hit. You don't assign a hit die to each location.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Veritesq wrote:
It applies to all hits on that attack roll. It also "stacks" so if you rolled 3 dice on an attack and two of your rolls were lantern tens, you would get the mighty strike effect for each lantern ten


That's news to me! Wow. Mighty Strike got even better then. That could be so devastating with the stacking like that. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
All hits gain the bonus.

Xairen wrote:
Since you choose which roll gets resolved first... I apply it to the Perfect Hit and all subsequent hits that I chose to resolve after that.


You just draw 1 card per hit. You don't assign a hit die to each location.


Thanks. Yes that is what I do. Sorry if my OP wasn't clear. I draw one HL card per hit. No die is "married" to a HL.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
All hits gain the bonus.

Xairen wrote:
Since you choose which roll gets resolved first... I apply it to the Perfect Hit and all subsequent hits that I chose to resolve after that.


You just draw 1 card per hit. You don't assign a hit die to each location.


That's what I meant. I could've worded it like you did
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Krauss
msg tools
An Attack is defined as this:

<Attack Start
-Spend Activation for weapon
-Role hit dice
-Draw HL
-Role to wound for each HL in any order of your choice
Attack End>

Say you want to Surge to attack again, that would be a 2nd, seperate Attack

Edit:
Each Perfect Hit (for Mighty Strike) applies +2 Strength to all HL you drew during that Attack.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amoebius88 wrote:
An Attack is defined as this:

<Attack Start
-Spend Activation for weapon
-Role hit dice
-Draw HL
-Role to wound for each HL in any order of your choice
Attack End>

Say you want to Surge to attack again, that would be a 2nd, seperate Attack

Each Perfect Hit (for Mighty Strike) applies to one (1) HL you drew during that Attack. Which HL that is, is your choice


Ok so you're coming out against the interpretation of the others in this thread. You do not think that the perfect hit would apply to ALL hits in the attack? Why? I'm trying to get the cleanest interpretation of this rule possible.

Where I'm reading one lantern ten extends benefits to all other attack rolls is that these abilities typically say "for the rest of the attack." That clause extends the effects of lantern ten to the non-10 hits.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Götz Kirchhauser
Germany
flag msg tools
IMHO the modification does apply to ALL hits in THAT SINGLE ATTACK. This interpretation is in line with the official FAQ for beast knuckles which have a similar effect:

official FAQ wrote:
Each time you wound with Beast Knuckles, the monster gains a -1 toughness token that lasts through the end of your attack. This means that successive wounds within a single attack become easier and easier to attain.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Krauss
msg tools
Epidemius wrote:
amoebius88 wrote:
An Attack is defined as this:

<Attack Start
-Spend Activation for weapon
-Role hit dice
-Draw HL
-Role to wound for each HL in any order of your choice
Attack End>

Say you want to Surge to attack again, that would be a 2nd, seperate Attack

Each Perfect Hit (for Mighty Strike) applies to one (1) HL you drew during that Attack. Which HL that is, is your choice


Ok so you're coming out against the interpretation of the others in this thread. You do not think that the perfect hit would apply to ALL hits in the attack? Why? I'm trying to get the cleanest interpretation of this rule possible.

Where I'm reading one lantern ten extends benefits to all other attack rolls is that these abilities typically say "for the rest of the attack." That clause extends the effects of lantern ten to the non-10 hits.


Erm you know what, i take it back and edit it... Mighty Strike applies to ALL HL drewn in that attack. Just the wording in the faq that confused me, but once i reread mighty strike i aggree with you ^^
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.