Popular Tags: [View All]
Barton Campbell
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or How Increased Realism and Fun Can Be Better Than the Standard Rules.

EGNSNERW

WARblankANDblankPROPAGANDA variant

I'm an old time grognard. But I have normal friends too. So I've been looking for a game like this for literally ... a lifetime. But it's taken me a long time to get to it anyway but that's because I wanted to get control over my game buying as well. OMG, I didn't buy any games last year. Beginning the new year, I thought I had been a good boy so I went crazy yesterday and finally broke down and bought, bought, bought. Funny, I didn't buy any wargames except for this, Quartermaster General. Lol.

One, I've got a million quality wargames being played and waiting to be played. I don't need another wargame.

But two, I'm searching for a civil game that has enough meat for me. I'm aware of other wargamers in this position too. This time around I'm putting a lot of hope into Mombasa. But so far they all seem like variations of Zooloretto, my nine-year-old daughter's new favorite game.

BTW, my daughter and I play very friendly games. She loads up with anything she wants and hauls them away (however, this maybe changing soon). And she loves the babies. In fact, she was searching for them to distraction. But we made our own Zooleretto variant. First, victory points gone. Each point represents 1,000 zoo visitors. Whoever has the most visitors wins. It's called the "We Love Baby Animals" variant and, honestly, my lifetime experience says that zoo visitors do too. Therefore a player earns one extra victory point for every baby. As a bonus, the game seems to become much more tactical with this rule.

I (very provisionally) propose a variant to this "quartermaster" thing as well. (Note: I haven't even seen the game yet a' tall.) I call it,

War & Propaganda.

1 - Propaganda rule - Change the name of victory points to propaganda points. A team with the most "propaganda points" still wins after 20 turns but if you forget to do your propaganda points any turn, you lose them.

2 - Fully Mobilized with Complete Plans For War rule - Before the game begins, players get to pick their first 7 cards from their entire deck. Period.

I just ordered it and will test play it next.

P.S. If you're an burningly (sic) honest gamer, please follow the link to Hellas and vote wargame for subdomain. I just like the game a lot and think it deserves more attention. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.