GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,445 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
-+

HAZE ISLANDS

STATS

1-3 player
20 minutes per player
4 game modes - Solo, Coop, Friendly, Competitive

ARTWORK by Vicente Sivera Catalá

WHY IS THIS GAME GOOD?

Apart from the immersive theme, the gorgeous art, the innovative mechanics, and the compact design... which are really, really noteworthy... what I like about this game is the tension and balance on offer. Each round The Doom (ai) grows stronger. Each round the challenges downgrade if not completed. Each time the map gets bigger, your deck gets smaller. Each time you use a special ability, you lose a victory point. All this adds up to one thing: hard choices.

There is a learning curve. There are a 7 things you can do on your turn (solo). But hard to know in which order to do things. It's not an easy game. There are some difficult decisions to be made. It's also hard to win. I think it should be (you are facing The Doom). There is also a lot of replay value, as the board is generated as you play. Winning is not only about victory points, there is a mandatory goal - Kill The Doom!!

FREE PRINT AND PLAY

This game manages to pack a lot of game in just 54 cards and just a few components (1D6, 1 token, 3 cubes). The rule book is extensive, illustrated, with examples, index, etc. The cards have been downloads over 3000 times!

E Files: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/195533/haze-islands/file...

ON THE TABLE

This photo of Janine Viglietti's wonderfully crafted copy shows the game in progress.

Top Left: A column of cards called the captains log, they keep track of the adventures you had (top half of each card) so far. These can be 1-4 icons which are the victory points in the game. Some will grant you special actions that cost 1 vp to use.

Middle: The locations are arranged in a grid. Each location is a combination of a map card and an adventure card. The diamonds between them indicate cost to sail between those locations. You can leave pirates on the locations to use the icon they are on even after you have moved away. The number on the map card represents the cards you can draw then raiding for icons. The dice on the map is The Doom and tracks the rounds during the game, and the strength of its attack at the end of the round.

Bottom: A Reference card with 2 pirate tokens on them (the 3rd one has been deployed already). Also, 2 cards (in hand) which represent the icons you have acquired by raiding. You can have up to 3 cards. Cards in hand and deployed pirates are used to complete adventures and attack The Doom.

Right: The draw decks starting with The Doom deck on the top, adventure cards, and map cards. The map card are the timer for the round. The are used to take action, therefore represent time. They also represent icons when you raid for them and bring them on your ship (your hand). They are also used as a semi-random-variable dice when attacking.

VIDEO REVIEWS and PLAY THROUGHS

Chrissie McLaugh - Flying Solo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJIH1-HJa1I
Eduardo Baraf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-DVJmddxWQ
Doug Herring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlMhMAISBWA
Patrick Siebert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9-DzsKDnLs
From the designer https://boardgamegeek.com/video/110602/haze-islands/solo-gam...

WRITTEN REVIEWS

Daniel Thurot - Spacebiff https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1729221/life-green-green-se...
Charlie Theel https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25038125#25038125

WIN A COPY OF HAZE ISLANDS

We are giving away 10 prototype decks of Haze Islands (as seen in Chrissie's video) as soon as we reach 500 likes on our EX1ST GAMES Facebook page. You can also enter this giveaway by subscribing to http://www.ex1st.com/games

AWARDS

First Runner up in the 2016 2 Player PnP Design Contest for Best Game Overall

PnP Game Design Awards 2016 (Best Overall Game, Most Innovative, Most Immersive, Best Art & Design, Best New Game)

Nominated for the 2016 Golden Geek Best Print & Play Board Game

1 Player Guild Gaming Awards: Best Solitaire Print and Play Game of 2016

Humbled.

DOWNLOAD
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/195533/haze-islands/file...
Please hit that green thumb!!

BGG PAGE
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/195533/haze-islands
Please rate, comment and become a fan!!

CHALLENGE
Try your fate at the Haze Islands Unpossible Challenge.
Thanks to Alexandre Correia for reminding me to post this.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
[WIP] HAZE ISLANDS - Old Notices
Here are some old updates that are no longer up to date. I want to keep them for reference.

Quote:
DOWNLOAD First Edition

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1AnChpnVVBqVVd6S3F6...
Here you can find everything for the first edition. Below are direct links to the cards and rules.

LIVING RULES
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SB5iaTzFr2Bf0ygjrutT5CPS...

LOW INK CARDS
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1AnChpnVVBqOFNRUmlKMWs2SGc...

FULL COLOUR CARD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1AnChpnVVBqb0F1QWxYUjVVd00...

How does the game work?

You start off exploring islands by combining map cards and adventure cards, adding them to the table/board. Right there you are already reducing the round length. Then you try to gather stuff to complete the adventures by, for example, drawing cards to your hand. This again reduces the round length. You move around, try to place pirates, complete adventures, cannon ball your opponent... all this costs you cards. Thats right, the map draw deck keeps track of time. When they run out, the round ends, and Doom comes looking for you.

To avoid keeping cards in hand you might want to place a pirate on a location and get that resource later when you need it to adventure. You can't get them back until then, and you only have three. The problem is that pirates on ship can defend the ship (be sacrificed) when your Doom attacks. Be defenceless and you die. The Doom increases BEFORE moving in on you at the end of each of the 6 rounds. Stay away.

The way you scout and move around will ensure you are safe from Doom. In a two player, you are forced to help each other by not screwing up the map making it too big, or hogging cards, precipitating the end of the game. But since each player gets to use a full* draw deck of map cards on each round, its not like a player can just waste time for both of you. P1 starts with their deck and discard to form P2 deck, who discards into a pile. Then P1 and P2 swap.

In a 2 player game, turn order and knowing what cards have been played matters a lot. You can't see cards that you use to move. But when searching or stealing, you can see gather information about the cards. Discarding is always face down. This is specially important in solo mode.

The game has now been expanded to 54 cards to allow 4 players to outsail and outgun each other. 3 and 4 player play test + feedback much appreciated.

What developments are being considered?

I think that designers should post and update in the top post their thoughts about what things they are considering to change in the game, what things they think are weak, and what they are looking for play testers to try. So here is my development take on my game.

Let me tell you that it took a long time to set the rules to match the cards. Originally this was an 18 card game. I separated the deck into adventure cards and map cards to stop players knowing what were on the back of the cards by memorizing them. I might re-merge them for the 18 card contest as a challenge. But here there are no limitations.

The game also had special actions that bend the rules. They fit in the purple stripe on the adventure cards, in case you where wondering. I took those out because they are, as a designer, an easy thing to add into the game to make it more random, exciting and well, worse. Chess does not have special actions, nor does Splendour, or Dixit. Just pure mechanics. Still, if the game is good and the special actions don't break the game, I will consider them. UPDATE - I have replaced the adventure cards text with the special action.

The other thing I was considering was the number of icons. There are 9. So there are 2 of each in the draw deck. I'm considering 6, so there would be 3 of each. Would it make the game easier to have 6? on the other hand... Does 9 constrict the player into taking the only obvious action? UPDATE - Since the cards have increased there are now 3 of each in a 3 or 4 player game. But also an extra set of spells (Fireballs, Hurricane, Whirlpool) in a 2 and 4 player game.

Then there is the finally. I wanted a massive battle with The Doom Dice at the end. But how to make it EPIC? How to build up to it? plan for it? UPDATE - This has been added to the rules. If there was ONLY one thing that you can help me out with, please let it be this. PLAYTEST THE FINAL BOSS BATTLE PLEASE. Is it too easy?

I'm considering removing the card numbers and activating all the adventure cards based on colour alone, instead of the lowest number. Blue (2 icon) cards would rotate and become Red. Red (1 icon) cards would flip over. I could also limit the change based on the location of the Doom dice. Any thoughts? UPDATE - This has been added to the rules. There are no more numbers, the defining property is a single icon or a double icon.

Setting the difficulty. UPDATE - Completing an adventure requires resources. The icons on the adventures are what you need. Also adventure cards activate at the end of the round, so there is a sense of urgency. The difficulty has been set so that 1. You start with double icon adventures right off the bat. 2. You need all the icons on the adventure to complete the adventure. 3 All adventures activate at the end of the round. Double icon adventures rotate and become single icon advents (easier but less valuable). Singe icon adventures expire and become empty (so they need to be completed for the island t keep providing adventures). And... 4. New adventures are only added where adventures have been completed, not expired.

Its a cracking little game which grows on you like Carcassonne, but has a strong story line, a sense of adventure, and tension.

Quote:
DOWN TO THE WIRE

For those of you familiar with the game here is a list of the the Special Actions.

1. Draw 1 card from an opponent's hand.
2. Become invisible to The Doom this turn.
3. Keep 2 cards instead of 1 when Plundering.
4. Take 1 discarded pirate to your supply.
5. Look at and reorder your draw deck.
6. Rotate the adventure card at your location.
7. Play 1 card from your hand as a map card.
8. Move your ship to any location.
9. Move 1 deployed pirate to any location.
10. Ignore the Skull of Fate after revealing it.
11. Flip the adventure card at your location.
12. 1 of your Fireballs icons count as 2.
13. 1 of your Whirlpool icons count as 2.
14. 1 of your Hurricane icons count as 2.
15. Return 1 deployed pirate to your supply.
16. Stop The Doom from moving this turn.
17. Stop 1 adventure card from activating.

... we are short one more. Suggestions HERE please.

END OF MESSAGE

This poll is now closed, but feel free to vote. Doom won (Doom of the Deep and Doom combined).

Quote:

Name the Monster for my Pirate Game.

Poll
Name the SEA MONSTER for my pirate (light fantasy) game. The monster is describes as "something unknown" so... something other than the Kraken would be good. The monster gets stronger and attacks the nearest player at the end of each round. Must work well with "The" and possibly "Your" before it.
Doom
Abyss
Shadow
Nemesis
Insurgos
Leviathan
Wave Elder
Troubled Abyss
Devil of the Depth's
Doom from the Deep
      68 answers
Poll created by ex1st

Thanks. Please post other suggestions HERE or reply.

Thank you!

Quote:
[WIP] HAZE ISLANDS - 5 DECKS TO GIVEAWAY!!

MARCH GIVEAWAY

OFFER
I'm going to be printing a few decks from a Print on Demand company in China. The more I order the cheaper it gets. Who would be interested in getting a deck shipped to their address for $10? Please visit the store page: https://www.ex1st.com/store/hazeislands.php 1125yen is about $10. Click on the BLUE BUTTON and enter your details, then send us a GeekMail or comment here please.

I'm going to set the price at $10 and - instead of reducing the price as I proposed earlier - add more cards if there are many takers. From 36 to 54 cards. Let me know if this is a problem. It's just hard to ask people to pay, then watch the price drop. Refunds are a hassle, right?

Updated: PLAYTESTERS
The first 5 people who print, play and provide a detailed 2p play test feedback before the end of March will get a deck at no cost. Since this is a 2 player contest playtesting must cover a 2 player game, right? Solo playtesting is welcomed and will help you appreciate the game and make it easy to share with a friend. Photos also appreciated.

DETAILS
36 cards (or 54 if more than 25 are interested), 330gsm superior smooth, shrink wrapped, shipping non registered EMS or from the manufacturers directly. Payment in advance via credit card on my website at a recent exchange rate.

MY MOTIVATION
I want to try out the card stock, their fulfillment service, and have a few decks to combine for 3 or 4 player playtests (these sessions always go better with real cards with final art).

END OF MESSAGE

Quote:
 APRIL OFFER 

I have sent off for 30 decks from a print on demand company in China. Who would be interested in getting a deck shipped to their address for $15?

WHAT DO I GET? 54 cards, 330gsm superior smooth, shrink wrapped, shipping non registered EMS from my house in Japan.

HOW DO I ORDER? CHECK THE LAST COMMENT ON THIS THREAD to see if they have sold out. Then, and only then, please visit the store page: https://www.ex1st.com/store/hazeislands.php 1650yen is about $15. Click on the BLUE BUTTON and enter your details, then comment here please.

WHEN SHOULD I ORDER?
As soon as you like. There are only 2 decks left. The offer ends at the end of April.

END OF MESSAGE 

Quote:
HAZE ISLANDS is the sequel to HAZE CITY which is no longer available.[/center]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] HAZE ISLANDS

Beautiful looking cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tucky60 wrote:

Beautiful looking cards

Thanks. Vicente put a lot of time, energy, detail and imagination, to bring this game to life, way beyond how I could have conveyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spectacularly good, Charles!

I've only had a quick look at the card file so far, but one thing caught my eye - I wonder if you have considered not using the purple stripe for the Map cards, so that it's a unique element to the Adventure cards on front and back? From a skim of the rules, it didn't look like the strip was used for alignment when the Map cards are face down?

Are you planning to take it further than PnP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Big thanks.

joelfinch wrote:
Spectacularly good, Charles!

I've only had a quick look at the card file so far, but one thing caught my eye - I wonder if you have considered not using the purple stripe for the Map cards, so that it's a unique element to the Adventure cards on front and back? From a skim of the rules, it didn't look like the strip was used for alignment when the Map cards are face down?
I see, as a way to differentiate the draw decks? I added the stripe to the back of the map cards to put text in it. Totally changeable. Which way would you take the design?

Quote:
Are you planning to take it further than PnP?
Possibly. If the game has legs it will run on its own. I would be happy to direct that to the production line for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

With my adventurous mind, I would love to weave a story about these places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the game work?

You start off exploring islands by combining map cards and adventure cards, adding them to the table/board. Right there you are already reducing the round length. Then you try to gather stuff to complete the adventures by, for example, drawing cards to your hand. This again reduces the round length. You move around, try to place pirates, complete adventures, cannon ball your opponent... all this costs you cards. Thats right, the map draw deck keeps track of time. When they run out, the round ends, and Doom comes looking for you.

To avoid keeping cards in hand you might want to place a pirate on a location and get that resource later when you need it to adventure. You can't get them back until then, and you only have three. The problem is that pirates on ship can defend the ship (be sacrificed) when your Doom attacks. Be defenceless and you die. The Doom increases BEFORE moving in on you at the end of each of the 6 rounds. Stay away.

The way you scout and move around will ensure you are safe from Doom. In a two player, you are forced to help each other by not screwing up the map making it too big, or hogging cards, precipitating the end of the game. But since each player gets to use a full* draw deck of map cards on each round, its not like a player can just waste time for both of you. P1 starts with their deck and discard to form P2 deck, who discards into a pile. Then P1 and P2 swap.

In a 2 player game, turn order and knowing what cards have been played matters a lot. You can't see cards that you use to move. But when searching or stealing, you can see gather information about the cards. Discarding is always face down. This is specially important in solo mode.

That's what's on offer in this game at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What developments are being considered?

Designers should post their thoughts about what things they are considering to change in the game, what things they think are weak, and what they are looking for play testers to try. So here is my development take on my game.

Let me tell you that it took a long time to set the rules to match the cards. Originally this was an 18 card game. I separated the deck into adventure cards and map cards to stop players knowing what were on the back of the cards by memorising them. I might re-merge them for the 18 card contest as a challenge. But here there are no limitations.

The game also had special actions that bend the rules. They fit in the purple stripe on the adventure cards, in case you where wondering. I took those out because they are, as a designer, an easy thing to add into the game to make it more random, exciting and well, worse. Chess does not have special actions, nor does Splendour, or Dixit. Just pure mechanics. Still, if the game is good and the special actions don't break the game, I will consider them. I was thinking to replace the flavour text on the adventure cards with the special actions.

The other thing I was considering was the number of icons. There are 9. So there are 2 of each in the draw deck. I'm considering 6, so there would be 3 of each. Would it make the game easier to have 6? on the other hand... Does 9 constrict the player into taking the only obvious action?

Then there is the finally. I wanted a massive battle with The Doom Dice at the end. But how to make it EPIC? How to build up to it? plan for it? This I would love to add this. If there was ONLY one thing that you can help me out with, please let it be this. FINAL BOSS BATTLE PLEASE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Harpoons! Ready the harpoons! All hands on deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game looks gorgeous and fun!
When are you planning on publishing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Xoul wrote:
Game looks gorgeous and fun!
When are you planning on publishing?

Thanks Gonzalo. Good question. I guess when the game has developed into something elegant and fun. This thread was set up to get your input on the game. I hope you get to give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ex1st wrote:
I see, as a way to differentiate the draw decks?

Yes, very much - you've got two different kinds of cards, and they never combine in a way that needs them to look the same. Even if only for setup and packup, making them very distinct would be helpful to the player. At the moment, in the photo of the game in play you posted, it's not easy to tell them apart at a glance - there's some extra stuff on the back of the Adventure cards, but otherwise very similar colour and layout.

Since you've gone for a greenish ocean colour, that might be best to use for maps, and perhaps something else for adventure? Sky blue might fit the colour scheme well (although possibly confused for water?) Perhaps a parchment coloured strip for the Maps cards, to match the back layout on all cards but give different colour/contrast between the two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
ex1st wrote:
I see, as a way to differentiate the draw decks?

Yes, very much - you've got two different kinds of cards, and they never combine in a way that needs them to look the same. Even if only for setup and packup, making them very distinct would be helpful to the player. At the moment, in the photo of the game in play you posted, it's not easy to tell them apart at a glance - there's some extra stuff on the back of the Adventure cards, but otherwise very similar colour and layout.

Since you've gone for a greenish ocean colour, that might be best to use for maps, and perhaps something else for adventure? Sky blue might fit the colour scheme well (although possibly confused for water?) Perhaps a parchment coloured strip for the Maps cards, to match the back layout on all cards but give different colour/contrast between the two?

That is great. Thank you. I will make the back of the map card parchment and the strip light blue, black text. The back of the adventure cards are used in the game when they expire and active on the second time. They become islands without an adventure spot. You can either use the blank side (solo play) or the side with icons (2 player). The icons represent SEARCH (1 card) and STEAL (any item). This has not yet beed detailed in the rules. I haven't decided yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

All you need to adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artwork is beautiful and great work on the design as well. The name doesn't seem to capture the essence of the theme though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Hoddinott
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You know how to sell a game!!! While its sure to do well in the competition but it looks very much like an early first step in building a market for a bigger game you clearly have a lot of faith in. Congrats

Edit: The comment about the name is incisive. It's a little "hazy" to bland. Perhaps that is an iterative thing also, or part of a larger strategy, I seem to rememeber something about Haze City ... so who knows what we are in for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
R4D6 wrote:
Artwork is beautiful and great work on the design as well. The name doesn't seem to capture the essence of the theme though.

Thank you for the comment about the name. I don't know. Haze usually reminds me of laugh getting stoned and that is not what the game is about.

Haze Pirates was my other option.

GarryHoddinott wrote:
The comment about the name is incisive. It's a little "hazy" to bland. Perhaps that is an iterative thing also, or part of a larger strategy, I seem to rememeber something about Haze City ... so who knows what we are in for.

Not sure how to read your comment on what R4D6 but thank you. Please clarify if you can. Yes, you are right there was a Haze City, so the name follows the line of games.

Quote:
You know how to sell a game!!! While its sure to do well in the competition but it looks very much like an early first step in building a market for a bigger game you clearly have a lot of faith in. Congrats

Thank you. Experimenting goes a long way. I hope you can give this one a try and let me know if I'm on the right path or the wrong path. Things will only move forwards if people like the game. Competitions are a good way to test out games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Setting the difficulty.

If you have taken the plunge and dived into the LIVING RULES, you might have seen a table right at the very end of the document. The table shows how the game difficulty can be changed.

Completing an adventure requires resources. The icons on the adventure card (half) are what you need. Blue numbered adventures have two icons. Red numbered adventures have one icon.

The adventures are also numbered. The number is used to "activate" an adventure that has "expired" at the end of a round. When an adventure is activated it changes, or if it has been activated for the second time, it's removed from the game. Most red numbers are lower. Most blue numbers are higher.

This offers a lot of variety. Here is what can be changed:
1. Which colour you start with.
2. Which number activates (higher or lower).
3. Whether you need one of the two icons OR both of the two icons.

Right now: You start with blue, you need both icons, and the lowest number activates. This means that it starts hard (because you need both icons), then it get easy (one adventure goes from blue to red), but that red one is likely to expire (lowest activates first) further limiting your options.

Can I switch gears here for a second? What I like about Carcassonne is that as the game progresses, the board increases and the choices increase. Haze Islands is not doing that, its doing the opposite. Does anyone dislike this aspect of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

You can get what every you want from Skull island if your brave the rough seas that surround it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, amazing sequel Charles and Vicente! The card files say empty each time however, not ready yet? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
trunked wrote:
Wow, amazing sequel Charles and Vicente! The card files say empty each time however, not ready yet? Thanks!

Oh The cards are uploaded. Is anyone else having trouble?

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1AnChpnVVBqVVd6S3F6...
You can find everything here but I'm adding direct link to the cards and rules.

RULES
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SB5iaTzFr2Bf0ygjrutT5CPS...

LOW INK
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1AnChpnVVBqOFNRUmlKMWs2SGc...

FULL COLOUR
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1AnChpnVVBqb0F1QWxYUjVVd00...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ex1st wrote:

I've just double-checked, and I'm able to download both versions of the card file, and read the rules document.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
ex1st wrote:

I've just double-checked, and I'm able to download both versions of the card file, and read the rules document.

Thanks Joel. Some people might be confused because the preview might not be available but you can still download. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
[WIP] HAZE ISLANDS

Just building on the description for the BGG database entry. I guess this could replace "How the game is played?". What do you say?

GAMEPLAY
Players take action using the map draw deck to expand the board, move, search for resources, place workers, complete adventure cards, and attack each other. As each round ends the AI player increases strength and moves in to attack the nearest player. This forces players to end their turn as far away as possible by either expanding the map or moving. Resources in hand and large boards will result in shorter rounds making it harder as the game progresses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.