Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thumis Dalidalisa
Kazakhstan
Astana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially, the company expressed optimism that the Kickstarter add-ons would be shipped before Chinese New Year. Didn't make it but Chinese New Year was some time ago now.

There was that update with a letter from the company to the factory, which seemed to hint at possible fatal errors in the expansions. Are we back to square one? Remanufacture and delay of at least several months?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Kolumel wrote:
Initially, the company expressed optimism that the Kickstarter add-ons would be shipped before Chinese New Year. Didn't make it but Chinese New Year was some time ago now.

There was that update with a letter from the company to the factory, which seemed to hint at possible fatal errors in the expansions. Are we back to square one? Remanufacture and delay of at least several months?

I think it's a wait and see. Based on this update, I don't know if anyone knows right now. Looks like Brian's heading to China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McG has stated numerous times that wave 2 (everything besides the base boxes that we've already received) is already on the boats. The container destined for the US unfortunately didn't make it out before CNY, but the rest did.

While we don't have the names of the ships containing this material yet, the ship carrying the MERCS tabletop rulebook for Europe (as that is what I'm tracking) arrived in port at Hamburg today and I would think the wave 2 ship isn't far behind.

As for the recall and reprint that's been talked about I understand it as only pertaining to the base boxes as of right now. Of course, if more problems are discovered with the expansions as well more reprints might be necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cogdiz wrote:
McG has stated numerous times that wave 2 (everything besides the base boxes that we've already received) is already on the boats. The container destined for the US unfortunately didn't make it out before CNY, but the rest did.

I seem to recall seeing the US shipments were still at the MFG being inspected. Anyone else confirm that?

I can't imagine what's going to happen if the already shipped wave2 product is in the same shape as wave1. Thing is, I don't know why it wouldn't. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Cogdiz wrote:

I seem to recall seeing the US shipments were still at the MFG being inspected. Anyone else confirm that?

I can't imagine what's going to happen if the already shipped wave2 product is in the same shape as wave1. Thing is, I don't know why it wouldn't. whistle

I don't remember reading anything about additional inspections, just that the US containers was delayed until after CNY simply because they couldn't find a place for them. As per update 140.

If the forecast of 16-20 days delay for the US shipment is correct the ship should have left port around 25th of February. The Australian wave 2 container has already arrived in either Brisbane or Melbourne so if the group responsible for distribution there is on the ball I suppose it should show up on doorsteps in the coming days/weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumis Dalidalisa
Kazakhstan
Astana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this.

js379 wrote:
As of a week ago, it had not yet left the manufacturer.

Creator MERCS Miniatures 7 days ago
@JonnyG77 It was packed, but it has not been picked up by our carrier yet. After the issues, Ningbo is doing a spot check on it.

There have not been any comments as to the status of the NA wave 2 since they posted that comment, I'm guessing they may be holding it until MCG can inspect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
js379 wrote:
As of a week ago, it had not yet left the manufacturer.

Creator MERCS Miniatures 7 days ago
@JonnyG77 It was packed, but it has not been picked up by our carrier yet. After the issues, Ningbo is doing a spot check on it.

There have not been any comments as to the status of the NA wave 2 since they posted that comment, I'm guessing they may be holding it until MCG can inspect it.

Thanks Jason! That's what I remembered - just couldn't remember where I saw it. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.