Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the missions requires the Deathwatch Commander to keep a tally of his Genestealer kills, and once he hits 25 kills, he's won the scenario. So I wondered if there was a cooler way to keep score, so I wouldn't have to resort to a scratch pad and pencil.

At first, I wanted to see if I could find some of Age of Conan "Crom Count the Dead" tokens on eBay, but alas, no one is selling components to that game. So, then I hit upon an idea to use guitar picks! And, to my delight, they are really cheap and easy to get.

I bought one set of ten to use each as a single "one" value, and they look like THIS. And then I bought a set of four to use each as a single "five" value, and they look like THIS. I plan to use a black Sharpie to write the number 5 on the foreheads of the green skulls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG! That's the dumbest thing I've ever read!shake

I immediately bought 20 scary skull picks, and 4 green ones.

Nice find, thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty clever. Never thought of using those. Consider that idea stolen... borrowed.

My standby tokens are the wee glass blobs you find at craft and dollar stores. Also, glass squares sold for mosaics.

There are several companies that sell really nice metal coins. I know I've followed links to Kickstarters from here.

Also, if you want to go totally custom, there are Shrinkydinks. You can get blank sheets at craft stores, and they make some that you can put through an inkjet printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarbuck wrote:

Also, if you want to go totally custom, there are Shrinkydinks. You can get blank sheets at craft stores, and they make some that you can put through an inkjet printer.

Oh holy hand grenade! Shrinkydinks!!! As a child of the '70s, I have cooked my fair share of Shrinkydinks! I totally need to look into this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

These arrived in less than to weeks. They are really cheap. Instead of flimsy crappy plastic, they are actually good MEDIUM guitar picks. My guitar playing daughter wanted some for herself. So, I gave her some of mine and ordered more. Perfect for my misguided gaming purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.