Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norman Hills
United Kingdom
Portslade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We're currently wending our way through our first game and enjoying ourselves (mostly) - being the 1st game it's going a bit slowly. Anyway a couple of questions have come up;

1. In epoch 1 cities are limited to size 1 yes? question is, what happens if you pick a bonus tile that gives a +1 city size - does that allow you to have a size 2 city in epoch 1?

2. Progress glory condition (progress arrow in circle) - do you get points for having progress markers in the civilisation or do you need more than anyone else on the map?

Cheers
Norman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krister Dahlgren
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in Age 1 the max level of a city is 1. Some special means (such as a Builder leader) do allow for larger cities. So if you draw a bonus tile that gives your empire +1 to its starting city in Age 1, you cannot really use it. I think all bonus tiles with a +1 city level also has some other minor bonus as well, so at least you get that. There are two bonus tiles that grants +2 levels to the starting city (and nothing else), on these tiles it also says "max 1 level higher" which means that the starting city is allowed to be 1 level higher than normally allowed with that tile. In that case you would start with a level 2 city.

The Progress glory condition is also compared with all other empires, so it follows the same rules for 1st / 2nd / 3rd place and so on as most other glory conditions. It is not enough just having some Progress, you need to have the most to really make an impression!

Good to hear you are (at least mostly) enjoying the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hills
United Kingdom
Portslade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply - damn - now I have to downgrade two of my cities not a big deal as it won't make any difference to the production I did in Epoch 1 or the glory points I gathered.

Cheers
Norman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.