Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My brother played this for the first time last night. I gave him Marcus as I always do with first time players. I was Dominick with a shot gun. I won't bore you with all the details of the whole game but...

We had reached the last board getting the berserker in our space to open the door. There was the Hammer of Dawn and 4 wretches on the board.

My brother uses his "move 4 and pick up or activate without using a card" he runs down and grabs the hammer of dawn, end of his turn he gets an ammo for it. The enemy card activates the 4 wretches during the locusts turn, who all head for my brother. He guards taking one out. Moving the berserker one step closer. He uses a plus 2 defense, no damage, uses another plus two defense, no damage. He's down to one card, the wretch attacks doing only one damage. He has no cards left.

I move onto the board and try to take out a wretch and manage to pull it off but moves the berserker one step closer, he's on my space, two spaces from Marcus. There are now two wretches left in the space with Marcus (my brother) I activate the two drones who are closest to me, with no guard cards, I have to take it. I use a plus 2 defense, took one hit leaving me with one card. The next drone hits me for three, I'm bleeding out.

My brother draws his two cards, one of which allows him to make an attack. He shoots at the berserker rolling 7 hits on 4 dice and all blanks on defense. He killed a berserker with one shot. What are the chances?

He was pretty ecstatic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
He was pretty ecstatic.

Somehow my mental picture of this suggests the statement may be a wee but under representative of what actually happened.

There MUST have been some jumping involved, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My brother is 63 with MS, he's a pretty low key fella anyhow, it was almost like Disney's Eeyore. Thaaat waas a pretty good rollll.

I was definitely more animated than he was but I could tell he was enjoying himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
My brother is 63 with MS, he's a pretty low key fella anyhow, it was almost like Disney's Eeyore. Thaaat waas a pretty good rollll.

I was definitely more animated than he was but I could tell he was enjoying himself.

Gottcha - so it was an inner animation, no doubt

How awesome that he was able to experience the tension and excitement of taking down a Bezerker - and in one roll no less! Even more awesome!

Thank you for sharing!

OSG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.