Popular Tags: [View All]
Imani Thomas
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
if there are 3 maneuvers stacked up can you let one resolve and then respond to the one that was before it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iasonas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow
the rules for this game must be really awful.
I am getting alerts all around the clock for the last couple days from multiple users on the rules section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
japol wrote:
Wow
I am getting alerts all around the clock for the last couple days from multiple users on the rules section

These rules are quite well written in comparison to the rules from every other KS game I've received. No, they're not perfect, but can you really expect that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
lathomas64 wrote:
if there are 3 maneuvers stacked up can you let one resolve and then respond to the one that was before it?

Once you pass on a maneuver in the chain you can't react to it anymore, but as each maneuver resolves you can react between the resolution of 2 maneuvers.

The reaction rules seem like they are complex than they really are the way they are written. However, I'm not sure how to write them more concise and still remove all grey areas. Basically, think of a reaction maneuver like an interrupt in Magic. Each action a player takes may be interrupted. Just once a card starts resolving, the entire card resolves with no chance for a reaction until it is completely resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
japol wrote:
Wow

My first reaction was to post a disparaging remark

But in case you are young or not used to the Internet I'll molify that urge.

You do realize that half the rules questions you ever see are related to the lack of reading ability/ comprehension of the gamer? I have certainly been guilty of that myself in the past.

Also it's a new game, that's exactly when most rules questions happen, not 12 months down the track

I've had this laid out on my table and I too have some questions, but this game has the opportunity for many corner cases that may not have even come up during play testing.

It's not Ticket to Ride mate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Hi Anthony,

You are correct that if there are multiple maneuvers pending, you can let one resolve then respond to the one that was before it. Essentially right before any maneuver resolves, all players have the chance to respond.

Cheers,

Underground Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iasonas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Troymk1 wrote:
japol wrote:
Wow

My first reaction was to post a disparaging remark

But in case you are young or not used to the Internet I'll molify that urge.

You do realize that half the rules questions you ever see are related to the lack of reading ability/ comprehension of the gamer? I have certainly been guilty of that myself in the past.

Also it's a new game, that's exactly when most rules questions happen, not 12 months down the track

I've had this laid out on my table and I too have some questions, but this game has the opportunity for many corner cases that may not have even come up during play testing.

It's not Ticket to Ride mate.

Thank you for sparing me and keeping your machete in your sheathe.
I never would have thought that most rules questions get asked when a game is new.I am very grateful for this tiny piece of wisdom you shared with me.Forever in your debt mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
japol wrote:
Wow

Other than a few minor issues here and there, the rulebook is actually very well done, and pretty clear. The reason for all of the rules questions is because the game is complex, not because it's poorly written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.