Subject: Rules questions on first playing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys

1) I can find no reference to the fitting of NAXOS? Do all boats automatically get it when they refit in/after 12/43?

2) The modifiers on Table M4 are different to those detailed in para 4.9.2 in the v1.6 rules. Are the rules correct?

3) Do the G7e Falkes or Zaukonnigs also receive the G7e FaT +1/+2 firing modifiers at Medium/Long range? I assume not.

4) Fifth bullet on Section 2 of the v1.6 rules talks about boats returning to France in SEP 1943 or later whereas 3.1.7 talks about September 1944. I assume 3.1.7 is correct?

My first attempt at The Hunted has the Type VIIC U-587 now (miraculously) heading out onto its fifth war patrol charged with dropping an Abwehr agent off in North America. Detection rolls of "2" and "3" in rapid succession have kept her alive against all the odds!! Great, if not nerve-grating fun!

Cheers

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Borodkin
Russia
Moscow
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ologotai wrote:
2) The modifiers on Table M4 are different to those detailed in para 4.9.2 in the v1.6 rules. Are the rules correct?

Hey Andy!

Rules are correct indeed. It's my fault - I've not updated that chart since 1.5. Thanks for the good catch! I'll fix it ASAP.

Best regards,
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Alex

Any idea on my other queries - particularly 1) and 3) ?

Cheers

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Borodkin
Russia
Moscow
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ologotai wrote:
Thanks Alex

Any idea on my other queries - particularly 1) and 3) ?

Cheers

Andy

I think we need Greg here to clarify this, but IMHO you're right in every assumption:

1) Yes, you get NAXOS automatically during refit in or after 12/43
3) You're right, they don't get these modifiers.
4) Yes, it looks like a typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ologotai wrote:
Hi guys

1) I can find no reference to the fitting of NAXOS? Do all boats automatically get it when they refit in/after 12/43?

3) Do the G7e Falkes or Zaukonnigs also receive the G7e FaT +1/+2 firing modifiers at Medium/Long range? I assume not.

4) Fifth bullet on Section 2 of the v1.6 rules talks about boats returning to France in SEP 1943 or later whereas 3.1.7 talks about September 1944. I assume 3.1.7 is correct?

My first attempt at The Hunted has the Type VIIC U-587 now (miraculously) heading out onto its fifth war patrol charged with dropping an Abwehr agent off in North America. Detection rolls of "2" and "3" in rapid succession have kept her alive against all the odds!! Great, if not nerve-grating fun!

Cheers

Andy

Hey Andy,
Sorry for the delay, I've been sort of focused on SV lately.

1. Yes.
2. 4.9.2 is correct. In the Hunters, you needed 10 ships. That's a bit much for the second half of the war, hence the change to only 6 ships for a modifier.
3. Technically, they do receive the modifier, except it doesn't matter. You always use the minimum "to hit" number or the basic "to hit" number, whichever is higher. (If you fire them at close range, you are not penalized by being forced to use a lower number.)
4. Sep 44 is correct, Sep 43 is a typo/error. Nice catch, will fix.

Hope that all makes sense,
Greg

PS Hunted takes "Hunters" tension and rachets it up about 5 notches, eh? heheehe. Just wait till you get Hedgehog attacked. That die roll will add gray hair to yer head

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.