Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I asked at the tail end of the other thread but thought I'd start another.
Im very new to AE. The sheer number of R in the circle variant counters in both DS and TK, is there any reality to the expansion happening? What ive seen are posts going back a couple years indicating it's "in development".
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's still true. The Random Campaign Generator was recently released to playtesters in an alpha version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I have seen parts of the expansion. Makes me wish it were coming out soon. But I suspect it will be a year or more yet. I think they bit off more than they could chew. The expansion right now includes

1. A TK ans DS upgrade kit with full errata and card changes.

2. Schiffskrieg: all the optional rules and counters needed to play the games with more naval and air detail.

3. Dice of Decision- the random campaign generator.

That is a lot to playtest, and to put into one box.

My understanding is that 1 and 2 are through playtesting, but Dice of Decision is not. I could be wrong.

One issue is going to be how to market all this. There are map fixes (do you sell entire new maps or just patches?), new counters, new cards and new rules.

Personally, I would pay the cost of a game to get it all, but I don't have any marketing savvy to tell whether anyone else would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Announced on the DG website:

https://shop.decisiongames.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCod...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Davis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and now it's listed as "2021 or later."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futabachan wrote:
...and now it's listed as "2021 or later."

Ouch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
futabachan wrote:
...and now it's listed as "2021 or later." :( :( :(

Ouch...

It was always listed in that way. I put some comments somewhere about this. The short version is Doc talked about it on CSW some months ago. He noted that playtesting for Shiffskrieg and the upgrade are done. He expects playtesting for Dice of Decision (the prequel) to be complete in the first quarter of 2018. If that happens, and if there is enough interest (by which I think he means pre-orders) he says he will fast track final artwork and production and get it out.

I note that the playtesting is being openly discussed while it progresses over on CSW. Seems to be moving along fine. Thomas Prowell is keeping everything moving. I have seen drafts of the new maps and the countersheets and they look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Prowell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
As Tony says. I'm very optimistic we'll have this far sooner than 2021.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
true cricket
France
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On CSW forum, Thomas wrote that Decision games is now scheduling a release in 2019.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
true_cricket wrote:
On CSW forum, Thomas wrote that Decision games is now scheduling a release in 2019.

Yup. I also note that, while the Kit is listed on the pledge pages for 2021, Doc is actually advancing it faster than that. Here is what he says in the Pledge Program description page...

“The fourth project now being promoted to the A group is Axis Empires Expansion Kit. This project has been in development and playtesting for several years and is nearly finished. It pushed to the top of the B group and is being promoted into the A group. Because it is far along in play testing and could be ready for printing by the end of 2018, your pledges could advance it into the 2019 group.”

So get your pledges in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the latest from the Decision website Pledge Program update page:

“In 2020, we have two big games planned for release...The second project is Axis Empires Expansion Kit. This project has just been turned in and we are working through it for production. It quickly pushed to the top of the B group and was promoted into the A group last year.”

Farther down the page is the list of games to be produced in 2020:

“2020

Axis Empires Expansion Kit
Battle for Germany Deluxe Edition
North African Campaign”

I have communicated with Doc and asked if there was any possibility of it coming out sooner, and he says:

“Tony: The on;y way that is going to happen would be for pledge orders to pour in between now and September when we have to make final decisions about what gets printed for 2019 releases.”

So there it is. Looks like Thomas Prowell met his estimate about getting the playtesting of Dice of Decision done. So if you are interested, maybe now is a good time to get your pledges in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So recently, I find that the Expansion Kit page at Decision now has one added sentence, in red, at the bottom of the text entry.

“Axis Empires Is currently being reviewed for production.”

I am not sure what this means, but it is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
narodynot wrote:
So recently, I find that the Expansion Kit page at Decision now has one added sentence, in red, at the bottom of the text entry.

Well, tis expansion kit would be really great, especially by filling out the missing stuff compared ot Totaler Krieg (alternate history starting from WWI on rules: I am looking at you!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
narodynot wrote:

Well, tis expansion kit would be relly great, especially by filling out the missing stuff compared ot Totaler Krieg (alternate history starting from WWI on rules: I am looking at you!).

Well, I have seen the play test kit and it has the between the war stuff in spades, including the same treatment for the Pacific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.