Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just uploaded a new version (12 Mar 2016) of the official errata. We've added some clarification and rule changes in response to player feedback and some ongoing internal testing/discussion.

Apart from clarification, the biggest changes are:
-We've made it a bit easier to retreat to FTL. You don't need to drop to Speed 1 anymore.
-When conceding a game, we've clarified when the losing side loses ships or gets to retreat them.
-In some of the battle modes we've cleared up what happens when someone lands a decisive objective (such as putting 2 transports onto a planet).
-In Empire War we've made initial base placement much clearer and fixed a potential rules exception involving capturing a planet guarded by a base.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see it in the files section. Is it still being approved by an admin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
I don't see it in the files section. Is it still being approved by an admin?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrono280 wrote:
I just uploaded a new version (12 Mar 2016) of the official errata. We've added some clarification and rule changes in response to player feedback and some ongoing internal testing/discussion.

-We've made it a bit easier to retreat to FTL. You don't need to drop to Speed 1 anymore.
-When conceding a game, we've clarified when the losing side loses ships or gets to retreat them.
-In some of the battle modes we've cleared up what happens when someone lands a decisive objective (such as putting 2 transports onto a planet).
-In Empire War we've made initial base placement much clearer and fixed a potential rules exception involving capturing a planet guarded by a base.

Thanks
Thanks Bob!
Talking about the Empire War: which side is each factions homeworld? To me it would make sense if both factions got lots of resources from their home planets, but the colour scheme seems to indicate the opposite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
chrono280 wrote:

Thanks
Thanks Bob!
Talking about the Empire War: which side is each factions homeworld? To me it would make sense if both factions got lots of resources from their home planets, but the colour scheme seems to indicate the opposite.

I think the idea is that, as you get pushed back to your home planet, you lose access to systems that would give you more resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stephen is correct. You also pick up momentum by taking territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stephen and Bob!
It just seemed counterintuitive to give the side that already has an advantage by having more territory an even bigger advantage by also making the newly won territories worth more. Could lead to some snowballing I think.

One more question: Why do the homeworlds have values for both sides? Doesn't the game end when you'd take that area?

EDIT: Just re-read the rules for Empire War, I totally misunderstood how getting build points works.
I thought you got points for every sector between your homeworld and the front line, rather than just the points listed on the the current conflict zone in each sector...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrono280 wrote:

Thanks

Is the new Errata doc going to be on the GMT page for Talon? And would it be possible to clarify what information is secret and what becomes revealed when during Empire War?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Doc should be posted to the files section here, looks like mods OK'd it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/127187/talon-official-err...

It will also appear on the GMT Talon Product Page as well.

We address what is hidden/open for bases. All ship assignments are hidden until you reveal during the Combat Phase. After combat everything goes back to being hidden again. Is that what you were asking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrono280 wrote:
Doc should be posted to the files section here, looks like mods OK'd it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/127187/talon-official-err...

It will also appear on the GMT Talon Product Page as well.

We address what is hidden/open for bases. All ship assignments are hidden until you reveal during the Combat Phase. After combat everything goes back to being hidden again. Is that what you were asking about?

Yessir, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scott
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Always ask yourself, "What would Joan of Arc do?"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it would be worth adding something to the Clarifications about missiles fired at range 1 (as discussed in https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1524485/missile-ranges). To me, at least, the rules as written are a little vague about whether a missile fired at range 1 detonates immediately or not. Apparently it does, but I think it's not completely clear from the rules. (For me this was the only thing I had any question about while playing the game - the rules are exceptionally clear, I find.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.