Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Tumbledown, there is a flip explore space on "dangerous water". Can one mouse get to that space (e.g. fly) and explore while other mice wait safely on dry soil? This is what the rules seem to indicate, but seems thematically wrong so I am not sure if I am interpreting the rules correctly.

In particular, there is a special rule that "before a mouse can use an explore action to leave this tile, all mice must be on the same side of the water as the exploring mouse". But I am not sure whether this applies when the explore space is in the water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:
In particular, there is a special rule that "before a mouse can use an explore action to leave this tile, all mice must be on the same side of the water as the exploring mouse".

IIRC that rule is not always there in all instances where the mice need to cross water. Though I always play it that way. And therefor...

rbelikov wrote:
But I am not sure whether this applies when the explore space is in the water.

...I would rule that they do all in fact need to be in the water.

Though that would of course make things more dangerous. The rules don't seem to indicate either way, so you could also do what you suggest, fly over there and explore safely.

It's one of many things left ambiguous in this game. Personally, when in doubt I always take the harder option because I find the game a bit on the easy side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.