Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian K
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow gamers,

in June I'll be visiting my girlfriends family in Hull, GB. Does anybody of you know a good board game store in this area?

Since I'm from germany I hope to get some games there which I cannot buy in germany respectively only order them with high shipping costs.

Thanks for your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be picking up my replacement (new) touring caravan from the area in April. I'd like to know too.

Cheers, Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of interest: what games are you thinking of that aren't available in GER?? If at all, I could maybe come up with some US releases. (Unless of course you are looking specifically for English (language) versions!)

I guess, games generally tend to be quite expensive in the UK. However, you might benefit from the EUR/GBP exchange rate. (June => Brexit referendum!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian K
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lucas,

as I said "respectively with high shipping cost". Of couse you can get most of the games via internet, but I want to eliminate the shipping

I'm looking for games that weren't published in german. So mostly US-realeases, yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or browse online and place a big order with a UK firm to be delivered to their address. Many UK online game shops offer next-day shipping so you can be sure that they will arrive for when you are there.

Means you are not wasting a day of your trip in a hobby shop, might save money and ensures all the games you want will be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Robinson
United Kingdom
Hull
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is Archeron (65 George Street) in the centre. It is mainly Card Games and war games but does have some Board games and has tables to play on too.
There is also BoardRoom (135 Newland Avenue) which is a boardgame cafe and shop and is fantastic for a good time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.