Popular Tags: [View All]
Imani Thomas
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use convert the weak on a creature to kill it and return it to my side, and the paladin uses divine retribution to return it and deal damage to me when it returns, which takes precedence?

I believe that because you mention abilities can not be interrupted while resolving that convert the weak would kill the creature and return it under my control before divine retribution would have a chance to return it.

I just wanted to get confirmation that this interpretation of rules as written was correct, and that it is in line with the rules as intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen anonymous
Canada
flag msg tools
That is a tricky situation. I think they would both get a copy of the minion, unless a minion can not be "returned" more than once (I can't find a rule that doesn't allow this).

However, if a minion can only be returned once, then the vampire would get it. That's because the Paladin's ability waits for the next time a minion dies (which is convert the weak). Then that ability resolves in full. So the vampire has the minion and it cannot be returned to play on the Paladin's side if it's still alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Hi Anthony,

Your interpretation is correct - the unit would return under the Vampire's control, and Divine Retribution's effect would do nothing in this case.

This is because while abilities are resolving, they resolve in full. Convert the Weak would return the unit to the Vampire's territory, and then Divine Retribution's triggered effect would try to return the unit, but the unit would no longer be there to return.

Cheers,

Underground Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.