GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,483 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Agent Decker» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Strategy for first two missions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doc Corvid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting past the second mission, and I wanted a little advice. I'm not that good at strategy - I tend to bang my head against a wall without huge changes to play.

Here is the strategy I'm using. In mission one I focus on picking up security cameras, one bin and pretty much nothing else. Then in mission two I switch to picking up guards while slowly weeding out hides (1 stealth). But I'm finding it really hard to get the 6 fight before the alarm maxes out. I suppose the real crucial thing would be to pick up gym door, but I can't seem to be able to get above 8 points per hand, mostly because of my weak start cards.

Any suggestions?

Also, two small questions: a) does the alarm have to go above 50 to trigger a loss (ie is 50 ok), and b) do I have to discard the uniform to get the +1 sneak, or is it a continuous background effect like the map? I'm guessing no for both but just want to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darsh 97 Cl.199
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I accept having a poor score in the first mission in order to get the cards allowing to draw two more cards. Those are instrumental in winning the third mission but will come handy in about any mission.
Getting security cameras and one bin card is a good strategy but you must avoid getting rid of all your basic cards.
One advice: do not try to add too much cards to your deck. It is sometimes much more interesting to neutralize some cards, avoiding thus to increase the alarm level and gaining some time to obtain more valuable cards, such as the guard uniform which is needed to win Mission 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCorvid wrote:

Also, two small questions: a) does the alarm have to go above 50 to trigger a loss (ie is 50 ok), and b) do I have to discard the uniform to get the +1 sneak, or is it a continuous background effect like the map? I'm guessing no for both but just want to be sure.

a) If the alarm hits 50 (not 51) it is game over.

b) Keep the Uniform in the Equip Area and use the bonus over and over. Do not remove it from the Equip Area. At least that is how I have been playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arizona Flyboy wrote:
DocCorvid wrote:

a) If the alarm hits 50 (not 51) it is game over.

b) Keep the Uniform in the Equip Area and use the bonus over and over. Do not remove it from the Equip Area. At least that is how I have been playing it.

You're right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.