Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my frustrations with this game is that once you have decided to advance, you must face an unknown number of event cards. Depending on the shuffle, you could face a dozen enemies in a row. As your health and ammo dwindle, you hope the cards will give you an escape, but that doesn't always happen.

I think next time we play, I'll try including a houserule allowing a retreat. That is, after any encounter, the party could choose to retreat back to their previous location rather than continuing to face additional cards.

Doing so would not be something you would want to do, because you have already given up time and energy. But it would add a decision point to the game, and would avoid the feeling of helplessness when the deck doesn't play fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl_S Gamer
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
That is a great variant rule.

My friends and I have tried a few variants, including a basic rule that you could reshuffle hazard cards with certain skills or using dice rolls to avoid them.

Right now, I am using a Hazard Deck that is separate from the main Island deck. it seems to work quite well and the game has really improved over time.

I was planning on bringing the game to Kickstarter this year so that I could pay someone to make original art. It has come a long way. If you'd be interested in play-testing it, I would send you a copy when I get it ready.

You gave me a lot of great feedback and I always appreciate it.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlSalminen wrote:
I was planning on bringing the game to Kickstarter this year so that I could pay someone to make original art. It has come a long way. If you'd be interested in play-testing it, I would send you a copy when I get it ready.

That sounds awesome. Definitely let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.