3 Posts

Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of losing the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephen anonymous
Canada
flag msg tools
I have some questions about the timing of losing the game.

1. At what point do you check for a hero's health to reach 0? Is it after any maneuver resolves? Or is it whenever the stack is empty? If I have a heal card on the stack but my opponent has played a card dealing lethal damage to me on top of it, do I lose?

2. I have Soulbleed Specter in play (she heals for 6 when dies). My opponent attacks me with multiple units. I block with the Specter and she takes lethal damage, but exactly enough damage goes straight to my face to kill my hero. So does my hero live or die?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Hi Stephen,

When a hero’s health reaches 0, that player loses immediately, just like how units are immediately destroyed when they take lethal damage. Even if there are unresolved maneuvers, there is no chance to save a hero with no health remaining. In your example where you have a heal card announced but not resolved, and an opponent does damage to your hero in response, your hero will be defeated.

Soulbleed Specter has a triggered effect which is added to the chain like any other announced maneuver (triggered effects are mentioned on page 25 of the rulebook). This means that its effect doesn’t resolve immediately, and so your hero would die before the effect could heal the hero.

Cheers,

Underground Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen anonymous
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.