GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,374 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Specter Ops» Forums » Rules

Subject: Double Agents, Order of Resolution and Attack Limitations? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Loren Poulson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two scenarios in the previous couple weeks that we are having a hard time determining resolution for.

First, two agents are trying to escape. The primary agent has 1 hit point left and is trying to escape. The Gun has set up a Snipe in the direction that the Agent needs to go. The Traitor is the spider and decides to use the Tangle Wire (and is successful) on the same agent turn that the Primary agent crosses the road and crosses through the Snipe. Does the tangle wire stop the snipe or does the primary agent die from the snipe?

Second, two agents again. Both right next to each other. Cobra (Primary) and Spider (traitor) - if a Hunter is next to Cobra (stun fails) but within the three spaces of the Spider and the Hunter is attacking the Cobra, does the -2 to attacks also work on the attack against Cobra?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lpoulson33 wrote:
Two scenarios in the previous couple weeks that we are having a hard time determining resolution for.

First, two agents are trying to escape. The primary agent has 1 hit point left and is trying to escape. The Gun has set up a Snipe in the direction that the Agent needs to go. The Traitor is the spider and decides to use the Tangle Wire (and is successful) on the same agent turn that the Primary agent crosses the road and crosses through the Snipe. Does the tangle wire stop the snipe or does the primary agent die from the snipe?

Second, two agents again. Both right next to each other. Cobra (Primary) and Spider (traitor) - if a Hunter is next to Cobra (stun fails) but within the three spaces of the Spider and the Hunter is attacking the Cobra, does the -2 to attacks also work on the attack against Cobra?


1. For me, if Spider has successfully stunned The Gun then they cannot attack this turn. This would mean no hit; I don't see why the fact that they're sniping would change this.

2. Again, I would say that the -2 still applies. The hunter gets -2 to their attack rolls when they are within 3 spaces of Spider. It doesn't say the attacks must be against Spider.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say the hunter does not suffer -2 to hit unless they are targeting Spider.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
I say the hunter does not suffer -2 to hit unless they are targeting Spider.



Where does it say that? The fact that it doesn't say -2 to attacking rolls against Spider surely means it's implied that it affects them against anybody.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Poulson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that they couldn't attack this turn...but the snipe is active over their turn. So when does the stun come into play?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lpoulson33 wrote:
I agree that they couldn't attack this turn...but the snipe is active over their turn. So when does the stun come into play?


I believe that they're stunned until the end of their next turn. So if you stun them on turn 35, they're stunned until it's their go on turn 36, for instance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:
I say the hunter does not suffer -2 to hit unless they are targeting Spider.



Where does it say that? The fact that it doesn't say -2 to attacking rolls against Spider surely means it's implied that it affects them against anybody.


Well, I'm not sure about the answer but..technically, if you're shooting to Cobra, you wouldn't know where the spider is therefore you'd be giving free information by saying that Spider is within 3 spaces from the hunter.
(it's a "Free Beast action")
I would say it doesn't work unless the Spider is targeted, or at worst if the Spider is visible at the same time..
..which actually caused me asking my self.. what would happen if you have a hunter discovering 2 agents at the same time? does it attack both or only one of his choice?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
sneakypete21 wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:
I say the hunter does not suffer -2 to hit unless they are targeting Spider.



Where does it say that? The fact that it doesn't say -2 to attacking rolls against Spider surely means it's implied that it affects them against anybody.


Well, I'm not sure about the answer but..technically, if you're shooting to Cobra, you wouldn't know where the spider is therefore you'd be giving free information by saying that Spider is within 3 spaces from the hunter.
(it's a "Free Beast action")
I would say it doesn't work unless the Spider is targeted, or at worst if the Spider is visible at the same time..
..which actually caused me asking my self.. what would happen if you have a hunter discovering 2 agents at the same time? does it attack both or only one of his choice?


Well they definitely only get one attack, so they'll choose who they're targeting.

I assumed that both agents were visible in this situation but of course they might not be. I don't think you'd be losing anything to declare the Spider's location because if the Sniper gets to snipe, it'll be game over.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:
I say the hunter does not suffer -2 to hit unless they are targeting Spider.



Where does it say that? The fact that it doesn't say -2 to attacking rolls against Spider surely means it's implied that it affects them against anybody.


Since the name of Spider's special ability is evasion I take that to mean that HER evasion ability is why hunters trying to get HER get the minus 2 to their attack rolls. I don't think her special ability works when hunters at not targeting her.

I will play that way until the game designer chimes in on the subject.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Poulson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In scenario 1 (with the gun on snipe during agents turn) the Spider stopped her movement next to the gun (not in the snipe direction so in the Gun's snipe blindside) and did her tangle line to stun the Gun. Cobra was down the roadway and also during that turn crossed the road and therefore crossed through the snipe. So if the agents take their turns sequentially and the Spider is allowed to attack once she ends her movement then the gun would be stunned before the Cobra moved. However if the Spider doesn't attack until it is seen by the Gun then the Guns snipe would still be active until the agents end their turn. So the cobra would have been sniped dead.

On Sceanrio 2. The agents were right next to each other and in direct line of sight (assuming that the Agent doesn't block line of sight). I ruled that Spiders special evasion applies only to her as just posted and it doesn't apply to protect the cobra.

Hopefully that helps to clarify the situation more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.