3 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Beyond the Grave» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghosts and Nova Bolt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
Can a nova bolt critical on a Ghost hit another monster through the wall since that enemy is "close" to the Ghost?

We have for now ruled that that is not a capability of nova bolt, but the rules do state (p7 under Ghosts) "All spaces are considered Close to them, regardless of obstacles"

It seems this should only be in context for their guard reactions triggered by move and their own movement/attack.

On the Ghost's actual card:
"Ignores all blocking elements for movement, attacking and Guard Reactions triggered by a move."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say "no" because of the final paragraph for ghosts.

P.7 "The Hero may not be able to attack the Ghost, but the Ghosts sure can attack him.

In such a situation where a Ghost is right behind a wall, it doesn't have its Guard Reaction triggered by the Hero ignoring him or other Close Monsters and attacking somebody else, because the Ghost is not considered to be Close to the Hero (only the Hero is considered to be Close to the Ghost).

I know that it isn't the exact scenario that you describe, but it sounds similar enough to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah that is what we settled on. My buddy with the nova bolt suggested that since Nova Bolt reads "hit an additional enemy close to the target" that the second enemy (through the wall) was actually "close to the ghost" per the ghost rules.

Since Nova Bolt doesn't say that it can hit through walls he was fine leaving it at that. It just doesn't really make sense that a spell would gain the property of its target by virtue of hitting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.