Rum & Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kraken questions and 1 deck gun question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Georges Lekeu
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi there !

I have a few questions, some of them related to the beloved Kraken ;-)

- When the Kraken is coming on the board, should we discard the Kraken discard pile ?

- If the answer is no : when the Kraken is leaving the board after rolling 1 with the dice (Into the depths), should we discard the Kraken discard pile ?

- When the Kraken is leaving the board after rolling 1 with the dice (Into the depths), can it come back into the game ? If it can come back, will the Kraken come back with or without the former damage points ?

- If an hero ennemy is my deck gun, can the deck gun fire on him ?

Thank you for your help ! And sorry for my English, I'm a french speaking guy from Belgium (and we have no pirates in our tiny country).

Have fun everyone ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Millard
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there:

We always discard the kraken pile. Also, when the kraken comes back (if he does) we always keep him at the damage he left at. It makes sense.

As for Deck Gun, it specifies that deck gun can target any square in the game, so yes, you could shoot at the hero on the gun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just assumed it was a different Kraken. Makes life more "interesting".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georges Lekeu
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi Thomas,

Thank your for your answers.

Do you discars the Kraken pile when the Kraken is coming or leaving the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Millard
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geo363 wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Thank your for your answers.

Do you discars the Kraken pile when the Kraken is coming or leaving the board?

We discard the pile when the kraken comes in, because it is there to check for kraken points. Makes sense to rid them once he comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Arnold
msg tools
you discard the kraken cards once he leaves as he targets the team whose angered him the most, which can change whilst he's on the board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Millard
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
06arnoldcharles wrote:
you discard the kraken cards once he leaves as he targets the team whose angered him the most, which can change whilst he's on the board

Yes! Forgot about that rule. Haven't played in a couple months.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Dixon
United States
Herndon
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geo363 wrote:

- If an hero ennemy is my deck gun, can the deck gun fire on him ?

I dont think this is a legal move. If i am not mistaken an enemy cannot occupy the same space as a friendly objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Arnold
msg tools
occupying the same location as an objective is both vaid and a strategy XD it's the enemy deployment zones you cant enter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Keller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, in the original rules, when the Kraken shows up you do not discard the Kraken Pool cards. You only discard them when the Kraken leaves. Otherwise there would be no reason not to play less Kraken cards than your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.