Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am reading the Tank Expansion rules, when taken together with the original rules, to indicate that soldier symbol Hits still apply to Tank Battlefield Units. The only changes, besides that terrain does not aid Tank Battlefield Units, are to what happens with flag, burst and deadly dice symbols.

Does anybody disagree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody should have disagreed with me!

Then again, not many have received their copy of the expansion yet!

I played the learning scenario and it quickly became clear that soldier symbols cannot possibly apply to Tanks. The combination of no terrain benefit for tanks and only being able to take two hits (e.g., on British MV IVs) would make the tanks way too vulnerable.

I went back to the rules and while it is not explicitly stated, it is clearly indirectly indicated that solider symbols do not apply to tanks. Specifically, on Page 5, under Tank Silhouette Tokens, the rules make it clear that only "confirmed hits" can cause the loss of a Silhouette Token or the elimination of a tank that no longer has any Silhouette Tokens. On Page 10, under Targeting Tanks & Confirming Hits, it makes clear that only bursts, deadly dice (when applicable) and extra flags (flags beyond the first one) can cause a check for a "confirmed hit". Soldier symbols cannot cause a check for a "confirmed hit". Therefore, they have no effect on tanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimdauphinais wrote:

Does anybody disagree?

I do. They don't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
jimdauphinais wrote:

Does anybody disagree?

I do. They don't

LOL! Concisely stated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimdauphinais wrote:

Then again, not many have received their copy of the expansion yet!

Yes, we were on the Somme tonight but without any tanks. Where are they!
goosauronninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.