4 Posts

Theseus: The Dark Orbit» Forums » Rules

Subject: Creepers card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bfdb bergbre
msg tools
Hello,

I had a bothersome quarrel with a friend regarding this Creepers card.

If the malfunction is moved on this particular card, does it deactivate it?
My friend's argument (dubious i would say) was that in the rulebook, it states that if any tokens are introduced into the game by a card, these tokens are to stay in effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which one is creepers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
ElblÄ…g
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yoannjuan wrote:
My friend's argument (dubious i would say) was that in the rulebook, it states that if any tokens are introduced into the game by a card, these tokens are to stay in effect.

That's a very good point, if treating the rules literally

But, the thing here is the context. His point is valid about the tokens that are introduced when an effect is triggered (e.g. Parasite, Gripper, Invisibility, Camcorders, etc.) - the token stays in play but a Malfunctioned action card will not generate a new one.

When we speak about tokens that are only there for informative reasons (like Crescent-shaped tokens, Hidden tokens or Creepers tokens) they are removed every time a card "generating" them Malfunctions.

So you were right here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bfdb bergbre
msg tools
I see, thanks for the reply.

I knew i had to be right, but I could not manage to be convincing enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.