Arkham Horror» Forums » Variants

Subject: Strange Eons Miscellaneous Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
The large miscellaneous card is supposed to have a Portrait feature. But it no longer has the file icon so that an image can be placed on the back of the card.

There is a permanent yellow octopus image, with an URL in the text box corresponding to said octopus.

Do I now have to place an image in the strange eons file and change that URL? I have tried to insert the URL of the image I want, but that doesn't work.

The small Misc. card does have the folder icon, but the image I insert goes outside the oval when I try to enlarge it, rather than behind.

Is there a new trick I don't know about to adding an image to the back of the card?

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn H.
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not find a way to get around this problem. As an alternative, I use the Guardian Effects card to create new card types. The image file applies correctly and I like the format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll check it out. Guardian effects would be the Noden's cards, and the like? That might work. I hadn't thought of those.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a way around it. Click on the Misc Small Portrait Card, click on "Back Content" and "Back" over the card image and click on the arrow opposite "Style" and then "Special Back." The "Hat" icon then shows up in the windonw below "Image File," and you can insert the desired image. I then go to Word and increase the size to 3.5 x 2.25.

I knew I had done it before.

The problem I had with the Guardian Effects menu item is I couldn't change the color of the back.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.