Popular Tags: [View All]
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking around and did not see the answer to this (sorry if I missed it):

Are the tiles in the Dungeon Master add on all new tiles? Or are they an extra set of the base game tiles? Or are they a mix of repeats and new? (If a mix, how many will be new?)

Your tile art is drop dead gorgeous and I'm excited to see if this add on would be more new art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gab Mor
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:

Are the tiles in the Dungeon Master add on all new tiles? Or are they an extra set of the base game tiles? Or are they a mix of repeats and new? (If a mix, how many will be new?)

Your tile art is drop dead gorgeous and I'm excited to see if this add on would be more new art.

They are same tiles as the core box ones (so double sided rooms/empty rooms).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
virferrorum wrote:

Thank you!

Yes, the Dungeon Master Kit is an extra set of tiles identical to the one in the box for Dungeon Masters or people who wishes to create custom experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why can't they be used for the standard 4 player game, & why couldn't you use the base game times to create your own scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Why can't they be used for the standard 4 player game, & why couldn't you use the base game times to create your own scenarios?
What are you, some kind of agitator? Do you color outside the lines?

They can ONLY be used for DYO games or games with 5 players, JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE RULES!

whistle

I think the base game has scenarios that use up to the tiles i the box. Since these are add-on tiles IDENTICAL to the base game tiles, unless you want to get these IDENTICAL mixed up with your base game tiles, feel free to mix them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:

That has already been answered. They can't be used in a regular vs. AI game because it could lead to absurd dungeons, like an-all passage & no rooms-dungeon.

Having 2x the tiles allows for a HUMAN DM to create more complex dungeon settings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bedggood
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
There was early requests for additional copies of the tiles. For those of us backers who are roleplayers we wanted to be able to custom build scenarios/campaigns in this amazing world and having another set of the tiles would allow us far more freedom to create epic dungeons.

Of course it has also been raised that you could just get two copies of the game which costs a bit over twice the DM tile set and then have twice as many figures for even more options.

For me I definitely want to be able to create campaigns for my roleplaying group. But I also love all the other aspects of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Someone mentioned they will house-rule dungeon generation with 2 dungeon tile sets (they have done so with their copies of Warhammer Quest), I am really curious to see how it will play out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.