Hide
3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat actions during Quest phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fantasty
msg tools
If an enemy encounter card is revealed during staging and its when revealed effect includes making an immediate attack from the staging area, can you use combat action effects like Spirit Hama's (The Treason of Saruman) readying effect when resolving this attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darby Harris
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think so. Even though the combat steps are carried out you're not in the combat phase, it's still the questing phase so combat actions aren't allowed. I think the rules state explicitly that "X actions" can only be performed in the "X phase".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Seu L'eaux
United States
California
flag msg tools
Anemone1777 wrote:
I don't think so. Even though the combat steps are carried out you're not in the combat phase, it's still the questing phase so combat actions aren't allowed. I think the rules state explicitly that "X actions" can only be performed in the "X phase".

That's correct in Hama's case and with cards like Feint. If the action specifies a phase it can't be performed outside of that phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.