GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,401 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Abyss: Kraken» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you spend nebulis immediately? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you use a kraken ally, can you use a nebulis received from that card to pay for the lord being hired?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
When you use a kraken ally, can you use a nebulis received from that card to pay for the lord being hired?

To recruit a lord, you have to use Allies and pearls+nebulis you still have in front of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure how that would work. You only get nebulis from an ally that you use to help you recruit. So if i used a krakken to help me recruit the Executioner for example.... I turn in all my ally cards, and if one of them happened to be a krakken, i would then take the amount of nebulis. I cant use those nebulis to help pay for the lord i just bought. I could certainly use nebulis to pay for my next lord though. Although you have to remember you can only use one nebulus at a time after first using all your pearls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
GSReis wrote:

To recruit a lord, you have to use Allies and pearls+nebulis you still have in front of you.

I think you wanted to say "you already have in front of you" --> so you can't use the Nebulis you get when paying with a Kraken card to complete the cost of the card being bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thing : do you get the Nebulis before or after resolving the recruited Lord's effect ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would argue that you get the nebulis first because you're using the allies to "pay" for the lord. Therefore any ally ability or effect should take place before actually receiving the lord itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official answer is :

1) Pay the Lord's cost
2) gain Nebulis if any
3) discard Allies and keep the lesser one in front of you
4) Apply this Lord's effect

This is espacially important when playint the Healer and the "Receiver" (I don't know the english name of this outlaw that gives each opponent 1 of your Nebulis)

Source : https://www.trictrac.net/forum/sujet/abyss-kraken-recrutemen...

edit : Bruno changed his answer so I'm fixing this post !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll write this down in the game manual to avoid any potential confusion in the future. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
I'll write this down in the game manual to avoid any potential confusion in the future. Thanks.

Bruno changed his answer, so I modified my previous post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T R
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rules say:

"When you use a kraken Ally to recruit, you immediately receive as many Nebulis as are indicated on the card.
Before Influence Points are tallied, if you still have kraken Allies in your hand, you receive the number of Nebulis indicated on these cards. Then you discard your kraken Allies without affiliating any of them."

I am little confused about it. Does it means that if I am holding 2 Kraken cards in my hand and pay for Lord only with one of it, do I also discard the second Kraken card in this case and get number of Nebulis depicted on it? Example provided in rulebook does not cover it?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is trying to tell you that the Kraken allies will get you anyway, sooner or later. You either get nebulis when using them, or when you still have them in hand at the end of the game, they get discarded, but still give you nebulis. In other words, you cannot get the Kraken ally and avoid the penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.