GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,575 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Area 1851» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dice manipulation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Schneider
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Hey Justin,

We were playing and came across something that was a little ambiguous in the rules.

Once I've paid for a gadget or modification with the dice can I still manipulate them to satisfy a feat card that begs dice fiddling?

For instance if I roll a 3,3,4 and I have a mod that is 11 cost. I would fiddle once to change a 3 to a 4. That gets me 11. I pay the cost and put down as an action my mod. Now my dice read 3,4,4. But I know I have a feats card face down that allows extra reputation for having all die read the same number, can I fiddle once more to take the remaining 3-die to 4 so I can use that feat card, even though it was 'used' on the mod?

Also, had a Feat card that had something to do with laying down if the modification had something to do with time. What does that mean?

Thank you,
Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Blaske
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there Will!

This is a really good question. I could easily argue this both ways...

Typically, once dice have been used for something (Fabrication, Modification, Town Hall) they are locked in and used, no longer able to be messed with anymore. However, they are not "untargetable" by effects at that point either, since things like Workshop level 2 let you get at them and use them again.

So I think it is entirely acceptable to Fiddle dice even after they have been used. Currently the only reason you would ever want to, is for the "Synchronized Roll" Feat in question. Since that Feat doesn't use the dice, but merely checked their state, I think we have an answer.

1) You can manipulate your dice with Fiddle after they have been used.
- 1.b) This means you can satisfy that Feat after fabricating/modifying/town halling.

2) As for the Time modifications, this was a small oversight with the promo cards. There are 3 "Time" faction modifications that were brought in as promos: "Ancient", "Modern", "Futuristic". Those are the Modifications that the Feat was referencing.

Thanks for the questions!

-Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Schneider
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Thank you for your response!
-Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.