1 Posts

Stronghold (2nd edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions: marksman volley, bridges, etc.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gallant
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
1) When you do the marksman volley, you can combine adjacent wall section marksmen to attack the rampart they are both connected to. However, some wall sections are connected to more than one rampart. Can a marksman combine forces with a marksman on, say, his lefthand wall section, and then action with a marksman on his righthand wall section, effectively firing twice or do marksman strictly fire once per round?

2) As shown in the image below, I have highlighted some locations for equipment and I am confused as to which paths bridges protect from traps. The yellow areas are my additions to the image found in the rulebook so for the sake of clarity, ignore the red numbers.

For rampart A. If I put a bridge at A1, does that protect the Foreground to rampart path or the rampart to wall path or both?

If I place a bridge at the walls at B, does that protect the rampart to wall B path? Related, does a bridge at C do anything?

Similar question to above for D. Does a bridge at D2 protect Foreground to rampart path, rampart to wall path, or both? Does a bridge at D2 prevent a trap placement on the rampart to rampart path adjacent to the Marauders?

Essentially, should bridges be placed before the path the units are taking, after, or doesn't matter? I think it's likely the first option but am not sure. Making the trap spaces closest to the foregrounds super enticing since they can't be protected against.

3) Does the Unearthly Glare/Marksmen Blessing token get removed from the game after use or can they be used multiple times over the course of the game?

4) For maneuvers, invader must move from ramparts to walls first, then foregrounds to ramparts, then supply to foreground correct? Even though the invader must do a maneuver giving defender hourglasses, they don't actually have to move any units, right?

5) Over the course of 1 round of gameplay with invader going through actions, how many heroic actions can be used? I suspect it's 2 total, 1 for each hero as opposed to getting all 3 available to choose from each time the invader uses a card action.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.