GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,456 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm honestly trying to remember, but it's kind of vague.

@the sockpuppets. It's not shameful to post on RSP on your main account, even if you're a Trump voter.

Try it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think for a while Trey had a puppet to berate Europeans for being pussies since they don't own enough guns. Otherwise, the nerdraging gamer guy who shut his account now has 3 separate puppets going. Someone has a puppet to riff Tesuji. That's as much as I've noticed. So not that many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Trump
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you are being unfair about the whole thing. This election, we have the classiest sock puppets ever. You go back to when Ross Perot was running, there weren't even sock puppets at all. I mean, the internet? Nobody bothered with it back then. And Ross Perot had big ears. We all know what people say about guys with big, goofy ears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:
Counterpoint: If hypothetically one were to have a main account that could be matched to their real world information, in today's climate of "get people fired for their political beliefs" one could see why remaining anon would be healthy for that individual.

Emphasis mine.

I'm not convinced this is a new phenomenon. I'd be quite curious if this perception has way more to do with the internet age making these incidents more visible than actual reality.

No proof at this time, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Puppets, the sheets of the 21st century.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
its quite annoying really
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the paranoid self-importance of the puppeteer: "If The Man ever knew it was me laying the Truth on his blue pill ass, I'd never get that promotion to fry cook. So justice must go hooded, like the hawk."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:
windsagio wrote:

@the sockpuppets. It's not shameful to post on RSP on your main account, even if you're a Trump voter.

Try it!

Counterpoint: If hypothetically one were to have a main account that could be matched to their real world information, in today's climate of "get people fired for their political beliefs" one could see why remaining anon would be healthy for that individual.

I believe that's what
Sarah Donovan
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Keep it cool, keep it casual...
badge
Plays well with others.
mbmbmbmbmb
would call massive Queen Talk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Actually, the better question (and thread title) would be:

Did we have so many cocks last Presidential election?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
mbmbmbmbmb
What is considered a sock puppet though?

As far as I´m concerned then anyone not posting under their own name is choosing to do so as an anon no matter how much they use their account.

I´m cool with it, it encourages free speech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
North_Wolf wrote:

As far as I´m concerned then anyone not posting under their own name is choosing to do so as an anon no matter how much they use their account.

Iunno man, it's freaking RSP.

If you don't feel free to support any position, that's on you, at least in here.

Being afraid to express your actual opinions doesn't so much encourage free speech as it reflects the way that people restrict their own speech all the time, unwilling to post what they really believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Try it!

Pfft, I'm safe because I'm liberal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:

Try it!

We have sock puppets hereabouts?

Who pray tell?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Try it!

We have sock puppets hereabouts?

Who pray tell?

Ferret

Look for 'new users' who appear suddenly and aggressively post on RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Try it!

That is not the same as using two accounts to post political views.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDonald wrote:
I think you are being unfair about the whole thing. This election, we have the classiest sock puppets ever. You go back to when Ross Perot was running, there weren't even sock puppets at all. I mean, the internet? Nobody bothered with it back then. And Ross Perot had big ears. We all know what people say about guys with big, goofy ears.
Make socks great again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Persecution_Complex wrote:
North_Wolf wrote:

What are you talking about? Free speech?! Right, like you fucking libtards know what THAT is. The lot of you are running around accusing us of being Islamophobic or homophobic. What does that last eve mean anyway? I'm not AFRAID of gay people. Ridiculous!

If only you people had spent less time silencing the right with your PC tactics and microaggressions. You really deserve Trump and worse. Free people can only take so much of your trampling on the rights of free Americans.

Silencing is not calling peoples names, if it was why are you calling people names?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
North_Wolf wrote:

What are you talking about? Free speech?! Right, like you fucking libtards know what THAT is. The lot of you are running around accusing us of being Islamophobic or homophobic. What does that last eve mean anyway? I'm not AFRAID of gay people. Ridiculous!

If only you people had spent less time silencing the right with your PC tactics and microaggressions. You really deserve Trump and worse. Free people can only take so much of your trampling on the rights of free Americans.

Silencing is not calling peoples names, if it was why are you calling people names?

I refuse to be silenced by your posting. I have heard tell of thee. You litter this forum with your posts, mainly aimed at conservative posters, thereby diluting our voices. This shall not stand!

I wonder how many of you idiot sock puppeting douchenozzles understand that we can just look at the geek gold transfers you do to figure out who you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
North_Wolf wrote:

I refuse to be silenced by your posting. I have heard tell of thee. You litter this forum with your posts, mainly aimed at conservative posters, thereby diluting our voices. This shall not stand!
No, I sit at my computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
TheDashi wrote:

I wonder how many of you idiot sock puppeting douchenozzles understand that we can just look at the geek gold transfers you do to figure out who you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gozer the Gozerian

New York
New York
msg tools
badge
mb
I don't understand what all the whining is about. I vetted him:

Quote:
Gozer: Are you a God?

Donald: Yes

He seems legit. What's the problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Trump
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

And that is why I am so great. My sock puppet isn't being influenced by outside GeekGold. In fact, I am going to buy an avatar with someone else's GeekGold. And when somebody says "Pay for that avatar yourself," I say "The avatar just got ten pixels taller!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
remorseless1 wrote:
Did we have so many cocks last Presidential election?

last election had obama this one has trump - i prefer quality over quantity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

Ummm the ones done for humor, which are most of them, are hardly secrets to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Meerkat wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

Ummm the ones done for humor, which are most of them, are hardly secrets to begin with.

Ssssssshhhhhhh. He's on his high horse, let him ride it a little longer before we make him get off the merry go-round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.