Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note to let everyone know that with the first annual EuroQuest gaming convention just around the corner (hint hint -- link is http://euroquest.gamesclubofmd.org) I thought it would be a good time to update my Puerto Rico website with detailed information from this year's WBC tournament which attracted a record number of 217 entrants. To view this information, go to http://home.earthlink.net/~jcw222 and follow the link to the "2003 WBC Results" page, where you will find links to the following information:

1. A very detailed, in-depth, Series Replay of the 2003 final game, again this year with commentary from the players and the GM (yours truly) but also a special guest commentator, Jim Campbell aka "icetrey" who has well over 1000 PR games under his belt on the internet at BSW with better than a 50% winning percentage. Jim, as you know, has authored (along with BSW veterans Alexfrog and coolala) several very informative and incisive strategy articles posted right here on BGG, so there are lots of tips in this commentary for those of you looking to brush up on your PR strategy. (Note to those reading this: Be prepared, at times Jim was pretty hard on our five FTF finalists, reopening the debate as to whether or not on-line players are stronger than FTF gamers or not, and occasionally my comments on some aspects of the play divergs from his.)

2. A complete listing of the order of finish for all 217 participants.

3. Scores of all games played at this year's WBC.

4. Stats compiled from games at this year's WBC (and this is one area that you can expect to see supplemented with future updates).

5. Results from this year's player survey at WBC, with some comments by the GM (yours truly). One observation: not much support for including the expansion buildings, which is on the agenda as an option at Euro Quest.

Please feel free to send me any feedback on the site to jcw222@earthlink.net -- it is still a work in progress.

Finally, to anyone interested, the recently-released December issue of Games Magazine (the one with the Games 100 issue) has a story on the WBC Puerto Rico Tournament at page four, authored by Skip Maloney, who played in the tournament and, like me and 143 others, didn't win any games.

Thanks,

John Weber

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.