GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Feel I'm missing the obvious (spawning) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Watson
Scotland
Glasgow
North Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
Feel this is either obvious or missed

If I open a door and for the room I draw the necromancer card, what happens?
Do I put the spawn point in the room? Ignore it and draw again? Count it as a double spawn?

Playing it tonight and need to make sure I ain't making it up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you open a door and there is only one room and you draw a necromancer card...then you place the Necromancer and his spawn token in the room and draw one additional spawn card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
Scotland
Glasgow
North Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
So it was just as obvious as I thought it was.
Just couldn't see it in the rules that it was OK to put a spawn in the room.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Plus, when you kill the Necro, you can remove any spawn point.

Personally I'm not sure that's a great rule as we've managed to basically contain all the spawn points to one square. I'm thinking the better rule might be that you remove the Necro's spawn point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CraigH wrote:
Plus, when you kill the Necro, you can remove any spawn point.

Personally I'm not sure that's a great rule as we've managed to basically contain all the spawn points to one square. I'm thinking the better rule might be that you remove the Necro's spawn point.

You do know that if you do contain them all in one Zone then the Necromancer's can escape from that Zone, right? The rule is on page 30.

Thus, you must leave at least one separated from the others.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
CraigH wrote:
Plus, when you kill the Necro, you can remove any spawn point.

Personally I'm not sure that's a great rule as we've managed to basically contain all the spawn points to one square. I'm thinking the better rule might be that you remove the Necro's spawn point.

You do know that if you do contain them all in one Zone then the Necromancer's can escape from that Zone, right? The rule is on page 30.

Thus, you must leave at least one separated from the others.


Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little. But we have had cases where all the zombies were spawning on one side of the board while we had a leisurely stroll on the other side meeting objectives.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CraigH wrote:
Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little. But we have had cases where all the zombies were spawning on one side of the board while we had a leisurely stroll on the other side meeting objectives.


Yep, that's part of the strategy of playing Black Plague.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CraigH wrote:
Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little. But we have had cases where all the zombies were spawning on one side of the board while we had a leisurely stroll on the other side meeting objectives.
Note that when the doors of a Crypt are open on both sides, the Zombies can use the Crypts to get easily at the other end of the board - counting Zones makes suddenly distant Zones much closer...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.