GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Cube Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Gamewright customer service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenny van den Bergh
Netherlands
Roosendaal
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
I bought a copy of Cube Quest a while back and unfortunately my copy had the folded mats. The creasing is so severe it makes the mats unusable. I have tried several different methods to try and flatten them out (keeping them under heavy object for extended periods, keeping them rolled up for extended periods, and even ironing them out). Unfortunately none of these have had the desired effect.

So the last 2 weeks I have been trying to contact Gamewright about the problem. I have tried several times though the contact us section of the website and e-mailing them directly. I have yet to receive any kind of reply.

I am very disappointed as I had read such great praise for Gamewright's customer service in these forums. I would have expected at least a reply stating that they have received my complaint or even that no solution is possible. But to not reply at all is just bad form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you truly believe it's unplayable, then take it back to where you bought it as 'unfit for purpose'. If you desperately want to play the game, you can likely print custom mats somewhere as they feel pretty generic to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamewright
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Gamewright
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry you've been having so much trouble reaching us. It's not like us to be so silent. Please forward your email to pr@gamewright.com and we'll make sure it gets to the right department.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had extremely positive experiences with Gamewright customer service before and think incredibly highly of the company as a result. Glad they're keeping to form and your issue is getting resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny van den Bergh
Netherlands
Roosendaal
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Thank you very much for the reply, I will forward the mail to the mentioned adres.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny van den Bergh
Netherlands
Roosendaal
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
I still haven't had any reply yet. I have tried e-mailing and contacting through the website again.

The retailer says I have to contact the Gamewright customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James P. E. Reynolds
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure if this helps but, while you wait for a reply, fold the mats in different directions. I have both the rolled and folded mats and my folded mats lay as flat as my rolled mats. To be honest, I do not store the folded mats in the box anymore because they are rolled now and never folded.

What I mean is:

Keep rolled for 24-48hrs each direction.

And then repeat on the reverse side.

Maintenance:
If there is a slight crease when you do use the mats, give them a tight roll perpendicular to the crease for a few minutes while you set up to smooth it out. The same trick works for curling at the edge of the mat from too tight of a roll. If the curling is on the left and right edge, roll down or up.

When storing alternate the directions of rolling.

This takes about a week or so, but it is worth it and works. I tried heating them in the dryer, ironing, heavy weights, and combinations of the three and none of it worked. Alternate rolling is where it's at.

Also, I have found that sending a new email with a new/different Subject to customer service works great. Don't forward, resend, or reply to an existing email. Because of the way most people process/filter email, a new email is always better.

Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny van den Bergh
Netherlands
Roosendaal
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Thank you for the tips. I will definitely try your rolling method.

These were my mats as they came out of the box. I have managed to flatten them quite a bit since then, but they are not yet flat enough to play on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren White
United States
Hampton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Gamewright a couple weeks ago and asked if they could send replacement mats for the folded ones I got when I recently purchased the game. I was more than willing to pay shipping or a nominal fee for replacements.

They got back to me within a couple days and said replacement mats were on the way.

Just got a package from Gamewright today and, to my surprise, it was not just replacement mats but the entire game with new mats!

Thanks Gamewright!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Brett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhishBoy wrote:
Just got a package from Gamewright today and, to my surprise, it was not just replacement mats but the entire game with new mats!

Thanks Gamewright!

Woh! Double the amount of cubes! 80-point armies! CUUUUBES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.