GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,871 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Zarihell plot deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon berggren
Sweden
skellefteå
flag msg tools
how do i trigger the "time on the rack" plot card???

use this card when a hero ends his turn while knocked out,

does it work whit lava?

dont se how to do this vs a smart group?

(found out somthing carzy)
Long Suffering (zarihell) plot card

it dosent say that you need to take away the damage tokens on the card, so you can stack from lots of quests to last one then blow the heroes away in one boom

use this card when zarihell agent is defeated,
can i w8 to use this card or do i have to use it when she dies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
maldion wrote:
how do i trigger the "time on the rack" plot card?

You'll have to use it at the end of a Hero turn, so practically speaking you have to defeat them using cards [traps] and abilities that can damage a hero during their own turn. Yes, it is very hard to use, which coupled with the card's expensive Threat cost makes it pretty bad.

maldion wrote:
Long Suffering (zarihell) plot card - it doesn't say that you need to take away the damage tokens on the card, so you can stack from lots of quests to last one then blow the heroes away in one boom

Yes, I believe that is how it is meant to work [building up over the course of a campaign]. Seeing as how Zarihell has to have been attacked at least 4 times for it to have any effect on an average hero, I don't think the tokens not leaving is an oversight, especially since Time on the Rack is in the same deck and mentions removing tokens at end of encounter. That said, it's hardly broken. You'll be hard pressed to afford the threat required to constantly summon Zarihell and have her be attacked more than a couple times without being defeated. Remember that when she's defeated, her Summon card goes back into your plot deck, and you have to spend another 3 threat to buy it again and yet another 2 threat to summon her each encounter.

maldion wrote:
use this card when zarihell agent is defeated, can I wait to use this card or do I have to use it when she dies

At the very moment she is defeated, the use of "when" and not "while" makes this clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.