GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,977 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The U.S. Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forts & Mobile Bay Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Thomas
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still really enjoying our current game, but had just a couple questions:

1. Looks like no strength point (even a zero) is necessary to put a fort under construction, correct?

2. Fort Morgan is held by the south. Union lands at Pascagoula, takes Mobile and constructs a fort there. Blakeley remains under southern control. Is Fort Morgan isolated? We decided no since the confederate port denies union naval control. Correct?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corsicaogre wrote:
1. Looks like no strength point (even a zero) is necessary to put a fort under construction, correct?

That's true, but you do have to control the hex. You can't just build a Fort in a random hex that you have no control over: either with SPs, or a control marker, or a Town, City, Port, Coastal Fort, or Objective or Resource Hex in a state that is friendly to you.

Quote:
2. Fort Morgan is held by the south. Union lands at Pascagoula, takes Mobile and constructs a fort there. Blakeley remains under southern control. Is Fort Morgan isolated?

No. The Fort in Mobile has no effect on naval control in the coastal hex of Blakely. Ports don't block enemy naval control in coastal hexes, but that's irrelevant since the Union has no source of naval control in Blakeley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

Quote:
2. Fort Morgan is held by the south. Union lands at Pascagoula, takes Mobile and constructs a fort there. Blakeley remains under southern control. Is Fort Morgan isolated?

No. The Fort in Mobile has no effect on naval control in the coastal hex of Blakely. Ports don't block enemy naval control in coastal hexes, but that's irrelevant since the Union has no source of naval control in Blakeley.

In this situation I don't believe the Union has full supply in Mobile so they cannot build a fort. I don't have the map nearby to confirm, but it sounds like Ft. Morgan would block a Union Supply Path to the Mobile hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wtcannonjr wrote:
In this situation I don't believe the Union has full supply in Mobile so they cannot build a fort. I don't have the map nearby to confirm, but it sounds like Ft. Morgan would block a Union Supply Path to the Mobile hex.

As I understand it, if the Union controls Ship Island, Pascagoula, and Mobile, then they can trace full supply to Mobile via a one-hex overland portion to Pascagoula, and then along the Tidal River Path to their Supply Source on Ship Island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rémi Lemaire
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
DaviddesJ wrote:
corsicaogre wrote:

That's true, but you do have to control the hex. You can't just build a Fort in a random hex that you have no control over: either with SPs, or a control marker, or a Town, City, Port, Coastal Fort, or Objective or Resource Hex in a state that is friendly to you.

Thank you very much David, I did completely overlook this very important rule.

Rémi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.