GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,436 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Dojo Kun» Forums » News

Subject: Dojo Kun being picked up by Cool Mini or Not rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They mention it in their letter to stakeholders: http://cmon.com/coolminiornots-letter-to-stakeholders-for-20...

Looks like it will be straight to market rather than Kickstarter, similar to their release of The Grizzled and Queen's Necklace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dojo Kun is already released in Europe and it's rather neat game and I doubt it's going to get a remake treatment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may have been released, but it certainly hasn't been distributed. Pretty sure they only had a small run for Essen (where I wish I'd picked it up when I saw it!)

This is great news - should mean it'll become widely available when the CMoN version hits. Huzzah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eldooderino wrote:
It may have been released, but it certainly hasn't been distributed. Pretty sure they only had a small run for Essen (where I wish I'd picked it up when I saw it!)

This is great news - should mean it'll become widely available when the CMoN version hits. Huzzah!

It's been released in Europe and available in many stores, so your definition of wide only applies to US. It just didn't get wide US release (despite Tom Vasel reviewing it). CMON will certainly help with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find it anywhere in the UK, I got my copy from a Danish online store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Roberts
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
At CMON Expo I was able to play this a couple time and a solo game, someone mentioned that GenCon was the target US release.

Any news would be appreciated, as I really enjoyed this game but haven't seen any updates since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo
Argentina
flag msg tools
badge
Respect the Beard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently, Dojo Kun was on display at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that different from the original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cazzani
Italy
Olgiate Olona
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!
Well, the box cover is pretty, but I think I don't like the restyle of the characters...
To me they seems a bit anonymous now and they lost their previously "plus factor" due to the nice minimal parody/tribute (Hokuto no Ken, Karate Kid, Tiger Mask, Street Fighters, etc...)
Furthermore the previously "clean" graphics gave me an idea of order and of a martial arts dojo... now it seems to me to be in a K.o.F. style brawl during Rio Carnival... XD
Obviously imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baron Sengir wrote:
Wow!
Well, the box cover is pretty, but I think I don't like the restyle of the characters...
To me they seems a bit anonymous now and they lost their previously "plus factor" due to the nice minimal parody/tribute (Hokuto no Ken, Karate Kid, Tiger Mask, Street Fighters, etc...)
Furthermore the previously "clean" graphics gave me an idea of order and of a martial arts dojo... now it seems to me to be in a K.o.F. style brawl during Rio Carnival... XD
Obviously imho.

I agree. I actually think that the original looks much better and in fact more modern.

My only issue with the original is the character artwork, which is BETTER due to nice parody eye-wink nature of it, but it could have been from a better artist in general (or maybe have them spend more time on it) so that the artwork is a little more clean (and thus more in-tune with the rest of the graphics, which are neat).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
are there any new news about this release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Black
msg tools
Has anybody heard any further news about this? It has been dead silent for a very long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.