GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Mark van der Upwich
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode 8 of your wake-up call to back some cool games.
Covering: Wed, March 16th - 7PM CET to WED, March 9th - 7PM CET

https://soundcloud.com/thefinalroll/the-final-roll-episode-8

Description:
A quick ( +/- 10 min) summary of the (non-video) games getting funded on Kickstarter but are in their last 48 hours. Your last reminder to get in on the action and back some awesome games. Backers agreed that these projects were worth their money and it would be a shame if you missed out! No Paid Advertisements! Monday - Wednesday - Friday Show!

Featuring (Amongst Others): Twisted: A Steampunk Miniatures Game, Freeblades, The Endless Land, Heir to the Pharaoh, Siege of Verdan, CoolCats & AssHats, Silly Street & Kingdom Builder: Harvest.

Sad Kickstarter Story of the Week: Pirate Plunder
RPG of the week: The Name of God

https://soundcloud.com/thefinalroll/the-final-roll-episode-8

From now on, the podcast will also be available as a 'blog', which can be found at: http://thefinalroll.wordpress.com
It can also be found in the post below (within 5 or 10 minutes after this post).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark van der Upwich
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Games

Twisted: A Steampunk Miniatures Game
Twisted is a 32mm MIniature game set in a Steampunk Themed world and pits the Servants of the Engine, who try to protect (as you can guess) The Engine and the Dickensians, which are looking for control over this Great God-like Machine. The Game can be played as skirmisher but also allows players to go through a fully fledged story-driven campaign. The two factions or I should say three since the third one got unlocked as SG add-on, consist of a starter box and an expansion box, both containing several incredibly good-looking miniatures. I think these are my favorites Ever! Combine that with an incredible range of scenery (the steampunk village is gorgeous) and this sets the mood (or at least my mood) just right If you’re into Steampunk or aren’t and are just like me blown away by the look of it all. A One player starter-set which contains 1 base faction will run you 139 AUD which is 99USD or 88 EUR and a two player set starts at: 189AUD, which is 134USD or 119 EUR, there’s a lot more pledges for bigger packages for bigger Wallets. Twisted! Go Check it out!

[External Link Omitted]
Staying within the Steampunk Theme, tabletopgamer.com is bringing a fully modular Victorian steampunk terrain system for 28-32mm scale miniature games. The system is pretty well thought-off, allowing you to create small building as well as huge clocktowers with walk bridges and arches. The campaign uses a credit system, but it’s a limited run and only the higher pledges are still available.

Freeblades
Traazorite Crusaders is a 32mm Miniature Line for the Skirmisher Freeblades. It Brings the Traazorites to the game including a dinosaur-riding warrior, a sunspell-caster, soldiers and even attack lizards. A 150 point starter freeband, consisting of 6 models costs 32USD but there’s an almost endless list of possibilities since you can also pick add-ons from their website.

[External Link Omitted]
Dungeonscapes Modular dungeon terrain is a very good looking set of dungeon tiles for your Table-top RPG scaled 28mm. It has a base set with 38 beautiful terrain pieces which should set you on your way quite nicely, but there’s all kinds of special add-ons, like a pretty cool sewer system and so on. The aformentioned base set costs 55 USD, if you can get it to your country that is because there’s limited countries they’re shipping to, and it’s quite expensive...

Board Games

The Endless Land
The endless land is a modular kingdom builder boardgame. The modular part comes in the fact that you can put the boards in any way you like to create a new world every time. The game already has two expansions (Endless Elven World and Endless Dwarven World and it can be played by up to 15 people! all thes people play simultaneously because the forward mechanic is so simple it works: there’s a card drawn open from a deck, the card has an action on it (MOve, trade, etc) and every player resolves the action. The rest of the KS page is a very, very extensive picture of ALL the game components, chip by chip which also makes me wonder why there’s no PnP available or even in the pledges, because this actually looks like a viable option to Print. Anyway, a boxed game of The Endless land is 38 USD, combine it with one expansion for 73USD and the whole shebang comes to your doorstep at 108USD

Siege of Verdan
Siege of Verdan is a strategy boardgame where you pick a ruler (with different abilities) and try to seize control over the country? city? something of verdan. The game can be played in several different ways: Player elimination, which is a brawl till the end, Timeline based: determine a winner at the end of the line or skirmish, the one who destroys the first other player is the winner. Have your units travel through the lands, claiming when they can. Have assassin’s go out and target different units and or leaders and so on so forth, there’s a plethora of ways to conquer verdan. The game looks good and is there in limited supplies only, but a full free PnP is on the KS page if you want to try it or if it sells out. Siege of verdan costs 39USD

Heir to the Pharaoh
Heir to the Pharaoh is a game set in Ancient Egypt where you choose either Cats or Dogs (Bast vs. Anubis) and you battle for the favor of the pharaoh who is disappointed in his real children.
Play magic, build shrines, pillars and of course a big pyramid. Each mechanic is somehow tied to Egyptian folklore, which I thought was pretty cool. It is designed by Alf Seegert which should say enough for the people in-the-know and for the others, trust me it will be great!. Heir to the Pharaoh is 39USD but you can play the game for free (as long as you know the rules) on Tabletopia, but I don’t know for how long that will be.

Card Games

[External Link Omitted]
Super City is a hidden agenda card/roleplaying/storytelling game where it’s your goal to protect the city, or destroy it, or secretly help while delivering the mail? You are a character eithyer good bad, civilian or anything in a city full of crime. a narrator tells the story and through telling the story and playing the roles the supers have to figure out who the villains are etc. the game has a pretty cool turn structure going and if you are with friends who can appreciate that kind of stuff, this should be good I think. Super City starts at 20 USD.

Miscellaneous Games

CoolCats & AssHats
Coolcats and Asshats is a party game which combines the Newlyweds game, Truth or Dare and Cards against humanity, which to be honest are all not made for me. It’s a game full of silly questions and stuff to have others do, guaranteeing a good night’s fun if it’s your thing. Coolcats and Asshats is 25USD for the standard version and 40USD for a version including the KS exclusive EXTREME NSFW add-on.

Silly Street
From NSFW asshats to a lovely little family game called silly Street. It’s a game for parents and kiddies to play together. You pick a card and with only your body try to do what’s on the card. Good family fun for harnessing your young kids energy and creativity! Move along the big 8 Piece puzzle-like game board to the goal but beware some cards can trick you. The style of the game is pretty cool as well. Silly Street costs only 20USD.

Sad KS Story

[External Link Omitted]
The Sad Kickstarter story is about Pirate Plunder, a game about building your pirate ship. Some guy, dressed in a pirate suit explains how he is a pirate and what he’s gonna do. Sadly, not really how to do it. Give images of the rules which are unreadable and you have a campaign waiting to fail. Ok, as I clicked to the update page the author noticed as well (or probably enough people bitched about it), but that was three days ago and since I didn’t get the feeling this was a 7 day campaign, that might be a little late, because unless you have something revolutionary you won’t raise 12K in 3 days, especially when the game goes for 16 including shipping. And now it’s sailing nowhere, and that’s sad.

RPG of the Week

The Name of God
RPG of the week is The Name of God. It’s a GMless RPG which consists of just a few cards with rules and a “character card” which described the fallen deity you will play. The Game has a very simple, cool storytelling mechanic. The setting is read from the rules and from thereon ther’s an active player who is going through the story. Another player describes what happens up until there is an action to perform. It is called bythe thrid player who describes the consequences of the actions. The active player will decide from there and so on. I thought it was really cool, there’s several different ‘fetishes’ are they called, which are the characters and they’re expanding by stretchgoals, adding guest writers to the team. I think it’s a very nice concept and that’s why it’s RPG of the week. The Name of God is 5 USD for the PnP or 11USD for the Print on Demand.

Expansions

Kingdom Builder: Harvest
Kingdom builder gets its 4th expansion called harvest. It adds 4 new board tiles to the game, 16 new locations and 6 new Victory conditions amongst other stuff. The expansion is 30 USD but there’s a special offer on the Kingdom Builder big Box, conaining the base game and ALL the expansions for 150 USD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.