GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: MM International Shipping option to reduce costs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/lowerinternationalshipping

Not sure how long they've been doing this. I've heard stories that it takes longer than normal shipping. Has anyone from overseas used this, and if so, any commentary ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had consignments delivered thusly - not from MM. It arrived with no issues. It takes slightly longer than "normal" mail but is perfectly acceptable in terms of speed. 'Normal mail' can take 3 - 10 days to arrive, this service 5 - 14 (ish).

Having said that - anyone buying (internationally) from MM needs to make sure they have recourse to Paypal or their credit card if the items do not arrive, arrive damaged or are not as described. MM would likely say that without tracking (and there is none at destination - it's delivered by the local Postal Service as regular mail) they can avoid responsibility. ISTR American merchants tend to do that even inside the US for non-tracked items.

European buyers should be particularly aware that the 'Distance Selling Regulations' which protect consumers so well inside the EU do not apply to foreign purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Free shipping in the US is fed ex smart post which is similar. Its handed to usps locally. It has tracking here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
'Normal mail' can take 3 - 10 days to arrive, this service 5 - 14 (ish).

I can live with that. I just had an order from the UK take 15 days (again!), so that's pretty speedy

MM is back on my radar after I discovered this. Anything small I can't get from Book Depository can usually be found at Miniature Market for around the same price with the new shipping option. Then there are all the tokens and clearance items I find so hard to resist. Small, lightweight, too easy to add to the cart!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.