GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,129 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Kerala: The Way of the Elephant» Forums » General

Subject: US Release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have a date for a US release of Kerala? Coincidentally, my daughter just studied the festival and its elephants in her visual art class! Would love to play this with her!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I got an answer from Kosmos USA. Currently there are no plans for a US/English release, but they are listening to feedback. If enough people express interest, they may change their minds. So please let them know if you're interested! Here's their contact page: http://www.thamesandkosmos.com/index.php/general-inquiries-f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was very interested in this as well, and so I decided I couldn't wait and bought it from Amazon.de. I can't tell you how happy I am that I did.

Kerala is a really incredible family game and it will likely become one of the go to abstracts in our house.

I am going to that Kosmos feedback page to let them know that American audiences would be really excited for a challenging family weight tile laying game and I hope you and your daughter get the chance to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexx9811 wrote:
I was very interested in this as well, and so I decided I couldn't wait and bought it from Amazon.de. I can't tell you how happy I am that I did.

Kerala is a really incredible family game and it will likely become one of the go to abstracts in our house.

I am going to that Kosmos feedback page to let them know that American audiences would be really excited for a challenging family weight tile laying game and I hope you and your daughter get the chance to play it.

Thanks so much! Out of curiosity, was the version you ordered from Amazon.de international or did it only have the rules in German?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

Yes, it was from Amazon.de International and the rules were only in German.

That said, someone kindly put up a really nice translation in the files section that I found quite helpful. Between that and the scoresheet, we were able to play the game without any trouble at all.

My wife and I play a lot of light to medium games, so this was a great weight for us, and I think it's also a great weight for families that like some interesting decisions without too much brain burning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Risser-Milne
United States
Mansfield Center
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just stumbled on this via someone's blogging on the ton of games they've played lately. This seems perfect for our family. I've sent a note to the makers, asking for US/NA release. Fingers crossed. Amazon.de is always a fallback I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mac03579 wrote:
Just stumbled on this via someone's blogging on the ton of games they've played lately. This seems perfect for our family. I've sent a note to the makers, asking for US/NA release. Fingers crossed. Amazon.de is always a fallback I suppose.

Yep, I decided to import. Couldn't wait. Great game, hope Kosmos brings it here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played this game at BGG.CON (Spring) 2016 after watching Jeremy Heilman's excellent review.. We loved it. It was the game I was most anxious to order after coming home from the convention. Sadly, it looks like I'll have to go through amazon.de. However, I do plan to contact Kosmos USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamesurplus (USA) and Boardgamebliss (Canada) stock this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
Awesome! Thanks, Stephen. I checked BoardGamePrices and didn't see it in any US retailers. But it's ordered, and on the way now. Today is our 17th wedding anniversary. So, Nancilynn says it's my gift Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otscotty wrote:
seppo21 wrote:
Awesome! Thanks, Stephen. I checked BoardGamePrices and didn't see it in any US retailers. But it's ordered, and on the way now. Today is our 17th wedding anniversary. So, Nancilynn says it's my gift Thanks again.

Happy anniversary! Glad to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hayes
United States
Alliance
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
W. Eric Martin just tweeted that Thames & Kosmos will be releasing this in the US.
Also, he wants to record a video to share his love of Kerala.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's great news, and I am excited this really fun family weight game will get into more people's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available now. Go get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Snagged this wonderful game new on Amazon.com for ~$26. Worth every penny and more! Has quickly become our go-to game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.