GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,948 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Eclipse Species Comparison table rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
georgios
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an abstract table. New players may find it confusing.

Draco and Eridani not included. We are not using them. We think they have an overpowered headstart.

Please suggest improvements

This table has species advantages(V) and disadvantages(X). We use Terran as comparison base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
kukugames wrote:
Draco and Eridani not included. We are not using them. We think they have an overpowered headstart.

This is a really weird stance to take.

Draco is a good race, sure. They start out strong, but rapidly fall behind everyone else. And suffer significantly 'cause it is hard for them to get combat shield VPs (often reducing their victory point score significantly).

Eridani? Eridani are easily the worst race in the basic game. And arguably the second worse (or tied for worst) race in the expanded (RotA) game. They are horrible. I mean, like, they are playable. And if you get real lucky, they can even win (I have won a game with them at least once). But in general, they are pretty bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
georgios
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have to agree. i did the math recently and we were wrong not to try this race

a new version will be ready soon

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
georgios
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
updated, version 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Muller
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Draco also lose two VPs often in the game because they can not take Discovery Tiles from under the Ancients.

With the Eridanni consider this. They can spend 5 Economic Resources and 1 Mineral Resource and then an additional 12 Economic Resources and essentially 1 action at the cost of roughly 1 Economic Resource to get the Research Station Development which gives them 12 Science Resources.

That still leaves them 3 Science Resources short(translates on turn 1/2 to 9 more economic resources) and another action to get the Quantum Grids to get their 2 discs back.

So its not too unbalanced.

There biggest benefit I would say is the Fusion Drive Tech off the start. They are actually kind of tough for a beginner to play. The easy temptation is to over explore Sector III on turn 1 pressing discs out at a 2-to-1 pace without being mindful on the return on investment of a 1 resource tile when you are strapped with the 2 less discs to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.